Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

2 value village coin grab bags under glass

slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 15, 2020 11:20AM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Picked these up today for 4.99 a bag . There are approximately 100-130 coins . The dates range from the 1890’s to the early 2000’s . I usually collect just sports but I didn’t wish to pass these over at the price . I’ll load the whole collection now and scan them in smaller batches hopefully tonight of the main ones I picked out.

Comments

• slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

heres some what what i pulled.. sorry about the american pennies.. they didnt seem to scan too well .. not sure why .

heres the next batch.. one I could use some help with.. am not exactly sure what it is.. its the coin i scanned by itself.. all i know is that its french . i cannot find my magnifier , but if someone can see whats along the front .. i think i can see the tetragrammaton in one corner along the front rim . if someone can see it better then i can .

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

That monnae de paris token is a tourist souvenir item. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

thank you . am more into sports so don't know too much about coins.. thought i'd just buy the bags and see what there was

• tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

You will probably get more response in the shinny metal disk forum rather than paper money

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well the silver dollar and three silver half dollars are worth $30-$40 alone, so I think that you made a great deal.

The worldwide selection is exactly how I got started about 55 years ago. Dad brought a selection of 10-20 foreign coins that he had purchased on his commute to work in NYC and presented them to a six-year-old me. That's all I needed and I was off to the races.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.

Thanks . Am glad bought them too . There is one I can’t seem to find though. I don’t see a country on it just a date , the number 2 , and what looks like 2 birds on the back.

• carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beginners often get stumped by the double-headed eagle/number coins. It is from Austria.

thank you . am mostly into sports cards and autographs.. mostly new to coins .

• YQQYQQ Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2020 7:31PM

try austria
    what a deal for 5 bucks...Canadian coins are worth over 20 alone

Today is the first day of the rest of my life

i plan to go back monday or tues to see if anything new.. have busy weekend

• DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭

Did you go back? Is Value Village a consignment/thrift store? If so, I'm guessing those were displayed in a case vs just out on the floor? Great finds!!

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great value for the money!!!!!!!!!!!!

All glory is fleeting.
  • ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

what a steal - incredible finds