Home Sports Talk
Options

Falcons coach and GM are toast

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Atlanta Falcons coach Dan Quinn and general manager Thomas Dimitroff, who saw their team start 0-5 for the first time since 1997 after a Sunday loss to the Carolina Panthers, have been fired, the team announced.

McClure, ESPN

That is all, carry on.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

It took long enough sheeeesh

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2020 3:48AM

Yeah, I watched that game yesterday, and my Panthers got it done. That's right, my cats had to care of those Atlanta Ducklings.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2020 4:43AM

My phone was blowing up last night after the announcement. Sorry for those guys but damn, about time.

And we apparently are 27 mil over the salary cap for next year...so maybe we get a pee-wee coach on the cheap.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,567 ✭✭✭✭✭

A good management decision

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seconds from hosting the Lombardi Trophy in 2016 and on the unemployment line 4 years later.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly Atlanta fans should be thankful that the Falcon Admin didn’t do what Cincy did how they let that idiot Marv Lewis hang around for so long

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Yeah, I watched that game yesterday, and my Panthers got it done. That's right, my cats had to care of those Atlanta Ducklings.

What's the status of the duckling? Did anyone call 911?
    B)B)

• Options

Arthur Blank, owner of the Falcons and another pro team, has more money than he could possibly spend. Having been a co-founder of Home Depot, he has amassed a stunning fortune. His purchase of the Falcons has ballooned into a $2 Billion asset. He is clearly agonized by his team's inept play as the cameras show him on the sidelines in his very nattily attired 3-piece suit, looking like someone in his family has just died. A smile is rarely seen, he is a troubled man.

So, I say, if you own this, and have every possible pleasure in life, except a winning football team...sell, fire up the boat and disappear along the Croatian Coastline and live life! Why endure the disappointment, when there is so much to enjoy?

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

It blows my mind that Dan Quinn got fired before Matt Patricia.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

Arthur Blank has released a statement about the firings. He starts off by saying, "It's called lack of winning." He also says it's really about the way they've played ever since the Super Bowl loss.

https://www.nfl.com/news/falcons-owner-arthur-blank-explains-firings-of-quinn-dimitroff-it-s-called-lack-

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:
    It blows my mind that Dan Quinn got fired before Matt Patricia.

And Adam Gase.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.