Home Metal Detecting

Today's hunt another ring

Went out today and found a small handful of change including my first dollar coin a presidential dollar and another ring

Comments

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

Noce catch

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good finds.... looks like some missing stones in the ring... Is it silver? Dollar coins are great to find. Cheers, RickO

• gene2393gene2393 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Good finds.... looks like some missing stones in the ring... Is it silver? Dollar coins are great to find. Cheers, RickO

It is a silver band, .925 if i remember right, all the stones are there one side is white the other side appears to be brown (chocolate). I counted and there's 20 each side. Need to get it checked out better. I did another short hunt at a different park and this is what i found, the ring says Alcatraz inmate

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gene2393 .... Thanks for the reply....I thought the dark stones were empty settings. I have no idea about the new ring... perhaps a joke ring? Cheers, RickO

• gene2393gene2393 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    @gene2393 .... Thanks for the reply....I thought the dark stones were empty settings. I have no idea about the new ring... perhaps a joke ring? Cheers, RickO

No problem and I think it's probably a novelty from a gift shop or tourist shop around Alcatraz