Home Autographs Forum
Options

Signed Michael Jordan Jersey anyone know this authenticator?

Passed down to me from an uncle. He paid thousands for it. It has that metal stamp on it I can’t figure out what company that is. Anybody know? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

unfortunately it doesn't look authentic to me

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm no expert in Michael Jordan autographs. Did Michael Jordan ever sign anything in that sloppy a manner?

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is unlike any authentic Jordan I have ever seen.

The "M" should be at more of an angle, as opposed to straight up-and-down, and look more like the number "23", than an "M", when looked at on the same plane as the total signature.

Steve

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately this is what happens when people are not experts and buy expensive memorabilia sometimes.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options

Hard to imagine MJ signing /175 of a jersey for a random company nobody knows when he is pretty much exclusive with upper deck. Also that signature is not the way he signs his jerseys for the most part, sorry doesn't look legit, especially the M

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not an expert on MJ's sig but what I notice is that the name appears to be very deliberately (somewhat slowly) written, yet the elements of a hastily signed signature are there (abbreviated letters after the M and J). I understand that it is harder to write on cloth than a photo or paper, and maybe he always just draws squiggles after the capitalized letters, but it looks like it is a little inconsistent.

Also, I am drawn to the numbers in the edition: 17/145. The formation is very unusual for American handwriting, and the 7 in particular is reminiscent of European writing; the 7 is crossed in Europe because the way they normally form the number 1 there could be confusion otherwise.