Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Error note info

Can anyone tell me about this note? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not an expert but I believe that notes are printed in stages and then dried. It seems like one of the printing stages was misaligned.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

Neat error!

American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• Options
    Scooter007Scooter007 Posts: 115 ✭✭✭

**Wow … that looks like a very cool error ** I like it 👍

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s a misaligned overprint error. It appears that the first and second print went well, but the sheet shifted during the overprint process. I would consider it moderate, leaning towards major.

• Options
    tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

@mbwizkid is correct...here are a pair high grade sold $228

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe an indication of a mild earthquake? Nice error! Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall