Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

$10 Note - Possible Error?

ksammutksammut Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭
edited September 28, 2020 9:50AM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

Hi all! A local dealer friend recently acquired this note in a small collection he purchased. I don't even know how to describe the error, but it is on the right side of the reverse. Is this anything special? Thanks for your thoughts.

Edit: To remove redundancy

American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

Comments

• Options

Thanks for the quick response!

American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

• Options

Thanks @Jimnight!

• Options
    tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2020 1:48PM

from HA sold $104 pmg 66

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

That a neat pick up for the collection. I like

• Options

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a keeper. Good eye. Peace

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the sharpest and darkest offset error I've seen. Really looks like an actual impression to me. But I won't argue with the experts who slabbed one.

• Options

Thanks @Namvet69 and @JBK !

• Options
    JesseKraftJesseKraft Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    That's the sharpest and darkest offset error I've seen. Really looks like an actual impression to me. But I won't argue with the experts who slabbed one.

I'm not an expert on paper money errors, but the part in question is retrograde from a normal print. Note the T of TEN to the bottom-right (would be an N if an actual impression), and the extra "flare" of the stylized S to the top-right.

Jesse C. Kraft, Ph.D.
    Resolute Americana Curator of American Numismatics
    American Numismatic Society
    New York City

Member of the American Numismatic Association (ANA), British Numismatic Society (BNS), New York Numismatic Club (NYNC), Early American Copper (EAC), the Colonial Coin Collectors Club (C4), U.S. Mexican Numismatic Association (USMNA), Liberty Seated Collectors Club (LSCC), Token and Medal Society (TAMS), and life member of the Atlantic County Numismatic Society (ACNS).
    Become a member of the American Numismatic Society!

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JesseKraft said:

@JBK said:

I'm not an expert on paper money errors, but the part in question is retrograde from a normal print. Note the T of TEN to the bottom-right (would be an N if an actual impression), and the extra "flare" of the stylized S to the top-right.

Yes. I see it now.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool find!

• Options

Thanks everyone!