Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Upgrading my Roosies.

Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last November I posted thanking Gary ( Ilikemonsters ) for reaching my goal of a ms66fb set. Now I gotta shout out a BIG THANK YOU to both Gary and Dannie Biddle. I'm 3 away from a complete ms67fb set. Could not have done it without the two of them. Very nice guys, extremely helpful.
Still have the complete 66fb set.
NO, I'm not moving on to a set of 68's. WAAAYYY out of my budget. Thanks again to the both of you.

Comments

• headsplitter2headsplitter2 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭

What 3 are you missing? If don't mind me asking?

"Only 2 things are certain
    Death and Taxes" ~~ Ben Franklin
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/u-s-coins/mint-sets/1945-mint-set/publishedset/21067
    Knutson's 45' Set 2009 Winner
  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭

You should add a couple nice 68FB to that set.

• DANNYDANNY Posts: 345 ✭✭✭

TOM:
    It is always a pleasure to talk with you on the phone.
    Your passion for these little Roosie discs is off the charts.
    I have been happy to help you upgrade your set over these past months.
    I told you early on that the Roosie Gang is a great group of guys,,,
    willing to help each other when possible.
    Make sure that you keep the dates of the 2021 FUN SHOW free on your calendar.
    You are going to replace me as "the new guy in the group".
    Stay safe my friend.

Danny

• erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

@headsplitter2 said:
    What 3 are you missing? If don't mind me asking?

If I was guessing, 57P, 57P and 49S, but I don't know. Those were some of the tougher ones in my set.

• Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

Down to 2 now. Still looking for the 61 & 63. My 58 66+ fb upgraded to 67fb @ Vegas. Gary is the best THANK YOU Gary.
    onlyroosies The 46-S is my only 68fb. I'm afraid the vast majority of 68fb's are priced out my budget. Appreciate it if anyone knows the location of the 61 or 63 in 67fb. I'll send you a finders fee if I can make a purchase.
    Most of my hard to find Roosies have come thru Gary with Danny also helping out alot. Danny has really helped in getting my 46 - present non-fb set to Registry # 5. Can not say enough about these two.

When you take a picture that shows the real color of a coin like that 1961 67FB, and then post it, how do you do it?
    What type camera? What type light?
    I have posted pics on Ebay of some coins that I want to sell, and my phone camera just does not get the true picture of the coin in hand.
    Any suggestions are appreciated.

Danny

Gonna give this bump. Hoping somebody knows the whereabouts of a Roosie 61 P or 63 P in ms67fb

• HarlequinHarlequin Posts: 110 ✭✭✭

Congrats on the set and I hope you find what you need!

🇺🇸 Harlequin Numismatic
    harlequinnumismatic@gmail.com

AND THEN THERE WAS ONE. . My 61 P in 67fb is in the mail. Searching for that elusive MS67fb.

I had mentioned to you before in a prior conversation that the 1963P in MS67FB
    was the very last one, (of the 48 total silver Roosies), that I was able to upgrade to 67FB.
    I hope it doesn't take you as long to find yours as it did for me to find mine.
    Danny

Yes I agree Danny. A single digit pop coin. Thinking I may have to start looking at ms 66 and 66+ to buy and submit.