Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BAD.. Mail day !! WTF ?

picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 21, 2020 12:56PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Post office doing it's finest work.
Came from Canada so don't know if them or U.S. Mail.
It's a shame. 1983 opc M.Gartner PSA 9.

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 21, 2020 1:55PM

Are those tire marks on the package? That is just inexcuseable. Idiots.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry. That's on the shipper.

• Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

@daltex said:
    Sorry. That's on the shipper.

Idk, that package doesn't look how I would pack it, but I'm not sure my ocd packing standards can survive being run over! That looks like a forklift ran over it and then backed up and parked on it for a while.

• Options
    edited September 21, 2020 2:20PM

I'm not blaming shipper, at all !
    But I'm still putting in for my refund..

He would have been better off using a little bit bigger envelope with some more padding around the PSA slab though.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks to me like it got processed as a letter/envelope instead of a package.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

I put the blame on the postal service for that one.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

Actually that is why all my graded card sales get 2 layers of cardboard before the bubble mailer.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    CooptownCooptown Posts: 397 ✭✭✭

Buy the card, not the holder.

• Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

Probably got caught in a sorting machine. Those aren’t hilo tire tracks and they’re too narrow to be a truck.

• Options

Seller was cool.
    Gave refund. Said keep the card.
    Lol

• Options
    GansetttimeGansetttime Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

@rcmb3220 said:
    Probably got caught in a sorting machine. Those aren’t hilo tire tracks and they’re too narrow to be a truck.

Or was run over by an electric pallet jack. May have fallen on floor when being sorted.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think an undercover Ace Ventura posing as a UPS driver delivered that one.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 22, 2020 4:03PM

Be glad you got yours..maybe. That sucks. I have a couple floating around in no man’s land....

• Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭

Relax, alright? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure superior packaging would have save that. If it is straight up abused I can't blame the seller.

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a card case cracked in the mail once, not that bad though. Are you going to try to salvage the card and send it in to PSA for a reholder? If the card is not damaged, and regrades the same, you may have gotten yourself a free PSA 9.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mickey71 said:
    I'm not sure superior packaging would have save that. If it is straight up abused I can't blame the seller.

Better packaging would get it processed as a package and not a letter so it wouldn't go through a roller.

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:

@Mickey71 said:

Better packaging would get it processed as a package and not a letter so it wouldn't go through a roller.

YES. Never have the item too flat. Got to put some good padding so it doesn't go through that roller.