Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Current submission times - gulp

I just spoke to someone in customer service. If you submitted for value pricing/bulk service they are currently entering packages from July 11. Over two months behind.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports

Comments

• HorseHorse Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

thanks. Am currently in a group sub with 6 fine gentleman who may be thinking things have gone amiss :) Our July 28th USPS receipt confirmation then doesn't sound off for actual loggage. Me love loggage long time.

• pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

@Horse said:
    thanks. Am currently in a group sub with 6 fine gentleman who may be thinking things have gone amiss :) Our July 28th USPS receipt confirmation then doesn't sound off for actual loggage. Me love loggage long time.

No worries here...I kinda assumed this sub could very well take a full pregnancy term 😂

• Nice way to describe it. Sent one last month and am hoping by the spring. Just have to be patient (which is my challenge)
    Chris

• smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

Loggage or boggage?

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

take note of the change to the economy submission level...no longer up to $499 for declared value...now chopped in half to only $249...

• TiborTibor Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

My last sub was a 6 month wait.

• JakeR2234JakeR2234 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

I have a pack sub from early Dec and Mid January still in assembly. Beyond frustrating.

PC Walter Payton - Bear Down!

• erbaerba Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭

I just wish they wouldn't post 100+ days and gave an accurate time. 100+ could mean literally anything.

• Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭

@Kepper19 said:
    take note of the change to the economy submission level...no longer up to $499 for declared value...now chopped in half to only $249...

I don't see that. Where ??

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mickey71 said:

@Kepper19 said:

I don't see that. Where ??

https://www.psacard.com/services/tradingcardgrading

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16, 2020 7:45AM

One of these has to be a typo. First one is when you click on Services,second one is when you click on View Pricing.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

Online submission has the $20 Economy service still listed with a $499 declared value.

• Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭

Seems to have different prices in different places.

• Thanks for the heads up - I believe the $499 is correct and I need to fix the erroneous information. Apologies for the confusion.

T. Whitmeyer
    Front-end Developer, Collectors Universe

• AANVAANV Posts: 326 ✭✭✭

Rumor has it that PSA has a backlog of 3,000,000+ cards.

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AANV said:
    Rumor has it that PSA has a backlog of 3,000,000+ cards.

Interesting.

I am just a small fry submitter but I have the most cards I have ever had there at one time. I have 182 waiting to be graded.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was true.

• bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

Finally, my CC Membership sub has moved to grading. I don't know what to expect from here but I have 5 other subs that have been received and logged. One other has moved to grading. I know it's a "crapshoot" so to speak, but any thoughts on what I should be expecting now? My sub was officially logged in on July 29 btw. Fifteen 1975 Topps Pete Rose 320 for those who are interested. I sent in nine more of the same in my second sub. I have admittedly been away from the game for a while so I apologize in advance to those who feel I am asking a silly question here. I very well may be doing just that. :)

• mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

Just mailed 105 mostly 80’s basketball on Tuesday and getting ready to send in around 200 ultra modern basketball and baseball next week. I hope the basketball bull run is still going on by the time any of these come back.

Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • If it makes you feel any better I just got off the phone with BGS and found out my 10 day order will likely be available in 8-10 weeks. I think i'm completely done with BGS. it doesn't make sense anymore. They used to be cheaper and much quicker than PSA but lacked when it comes to resale. Now i think they cost more, take just as long, and are still worth considerably less. Both PSA and BGS are really doing this hobby by their disservice during the biggest boom its ever seen. Time for somebody to straighten their act, concentrate more on the customer and the card market as opposed to the stock market, and give the customers what they want. An affordable, speedy, consistent and accurate grading company. Is that so much to ask for?

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PatriotPat said:
    If it makes you feel any better I just got off the phone with BGS and found out my 10 day order will likely be available in 8-10 weeks. I think i'm completely done with BGS. it doesn't make sense anymore. They used to be cheaper and much quicker than PSA but lacked when it comes to resale. Now i think they cost more, take just as long, and are still worth considerably less. Both PSA and BGS are really doing this hobby by their disservice during the biggest boom its ever seen. Time for somebody to straighten their act, concentrate more on the customer and the card market as opposed to the stock market, and give the customers what they want. An affordable, speedy, consistent and accurate grading company. Is that so much to ask for?

Your points are all valid and respected. The answer to your question is yes, that IS too much to ask for.

Sorry.

I don't know if you are a "new" collector or not, but in the days before grading it was a much more daunting prospect if you wanted to collect high grade cards. TPG companies solved that, for the most part, and in doing so (along with ebay) created a "monster".

Now seemingly every collector is sending in hundreds of cards to be graded. Guess what cards have finally started to have enough value to justify the expense of grading, the ones when EVERYONE was buying. 1987-1991.

From the beginning PSA has openly stated that the turnaround times are not guaranteed.

I have several submissions at PSA for a couple of months now and am just hoping for them before Christmas. Knowing full well PSA was behind before covid hit, I realized it was going to take a while.

Your post clearly points out that PSA is still the best game in town. Things might even be going to get worse.

It's a lot easier said than done to rapidly and massively increase your productivity in any business without losing quality.

Be patient my friends.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just posted the article where it states PSA has gone from an average of 68k cards per week to 250k in one year.

There is no quick fix for this and we all just have to realize what is taking place and be patient.

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mcadams said:
    Just mailed 105 mostly 80’s basketball on Tuesday and getting ready to send in around 200 ultra modern basketball and baseball next week. I hope the basketball bull run is still going on by the time any of these come back.

it's already dying down, but to be expected. by the time you get them back in 6 months it will be prime time season again. youre good.

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

plus side, it seems some of the robo processing is starting to take effect. just created a sub today and was prompted to print out a "barcode" and affix to the outside of the box. seems like steps in the right direction. there's also a new page where i can see ALL my subs including ones that had previously been deleted due to time constraints. pretty cool and convenient as it shows which ones have been received and which ones are still waiting to be logged in. removes some anxiety at the very least.

• jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 19, 2020 3:06AM

@blurryface said:
    plus side, it seems some of the robo processing is starting to take effect. just created a sub today and was prompted to print out a "barcode" and affix to the outside of the box. seems like steps in the right direction. there's also a new page where i can see ALL my subs including ones that had previously been deleted due to time constraints. pretty cool and convenient as it shows which ones have been received and which ones are still waiting to be logged in. removes some anxiety at the very least.

I just happened to print out 2 subs the day that the bar codes started- mailed it with the code on the side where the picture showed. Got the in house email already today which takes a chore off my plate ( verifying its in house and in the line)
    See below for what to expect on the receipt end