Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

[CLOSED] "Win LordM's Loot" Giveaway #6

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 12, 2020 12:43AM in Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

Giveaway now CLOSED. Winner was @Mgarmy .

"Win LordM's Loot" Giveaway #6

Deadline for entries: Midnight Eastern US time, Friday, September 11, 2020.

(Why 9/11? Well, it's an easier date for me to remember.)

This will be a random drawing, using the random.org True Random Number Generator.

The winner will get this NGC PR69 UCAM 1991-S Mount Rushmore half ... OR ... his or her choice of one item (up to $20 value) from my "Pick Bin & Giveaway Goodies" page. (Allow that link a few moments to load.)

Giveaway prizes ship free, to whomever or wherever you want me to send them to. (Worldwide, unless the cost proves prohibitive.) Since the Pick Bin does double-duty as my swaplist, some items may occasionally be subject to prior sale.

To enter:

1. Please include the words "entry post" in your initial post to this thread - and only your first post. You may reply as many times as you like, but only your first post will count as an entry in the drawing.
  2. Post something else besides just the words "entry post". Whatever you like- preferably coin-related in some way. (Pet pix are always fun, too.)
  3. (Optional) If you opt to go for a prize from the Pick Bin, let me know what that is, merely to satisfy my curiosity. You may change your selection at any time, and will get a final chance to choose after the drawing if you win. (I just like to know up front what kind of prizes people are most interested in. Keeps it fun for me.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• JimWJimW Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭

entry post. I like your video - much better than just a picture! Apart from the offered coin, I'd be interested in the 1976-S PF69 CAM.
    Thanks for the giveaway!

Successful BST Transactions: erwindoc, VTchaser, moursund, robkool, RelicKING, Herb_T, Meltdown

• TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post - Since this thread was borne from nostalgia I have to add that one of my few ebay sales was to you way back when. I think it was some foreign coin but I can’t remember which one... lol

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TurtleCat said:
    Entry post - Since this thread was borne from nostalgia I have to add that one of my few ebay sales was to you way back when. I think it was some foreign coin but I can’t remember which one... lol

Cool! It completely escapes my memory as well.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Entry post - I did some coin collecting as a child and now that I have gotten back into it; I am finding ot pretty enjoyabe. With the addition of graded coins I am a bit confused what is best to collect. Is First Day better than First Strike? I have begun a fair collection and hope to be able to build a few different sets. Well enough rambling. I wish all the best of luck but I am looking to win that fine looking coin!

• Entry post - this is cool! My first time checking out this category in the forum. Plan on posting a giveaway soon myself!

• AstroJoeAstroJoe Posts: 304 ✭✭✭

Entry post
    Thank you for the opportunity.

Joe

Everything is all right!
  • ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@brucebakeroz Welcome to the forum! :)

• FallGuyFallGuy Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

Entry post.

Rob, thanks for the opportunity. I still have the SSC shilling acquired in our trade, at least at the moment.

In the (unlikely) event that I win this giveaway, the proof commemorative half or the '54-s Franklin are top of the list. Some very nice choices in your pick bin!

edited August 27, 2020 1:01AM

@FallGuy said:
    Entry post.

Rob, thanks for the opportunity. I still have the SSC shilling acquired in our trade, at least at the moment.

In the (unlikely) event that I win this giveaway, the proof commemorative half or the '54-s Franklin are top of the list. Some very nice choices in your pick bin!

If you ever tire of that 1723-SSC shilling, it is welcome back in my collection any time! ;)

• Entry post, and id let one of my kids pick from the pick bin, great choices there!!

Thanks

• bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post. Mt Rushmore is more than enough! :)

Ken
  • TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 27, 2020 9:59AM

Entry Post.

One I am missing from my collection!

Strange, I can't make it big.

A Pittsburgh Red book.

Frank

BHNC #203

• CalifornianKingCalifornianKing Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭✭

Entry post. Bit random but anyone know a good spot to get affordable no motto half eagles(s)

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 27, 2020 6:12PM

Entry post.
    Working on photographing some coins need more practice though.

The mexico 2 reales interests me.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• MrbarlintMrbarlint Posts: 37 ✭✭✭

Entry post.

• Entry post, thanks!

Jimmy L.
    Successful BST transactions with: Tdec1000, lordmarcovan, WTCG, PRoemisch, Hayden, bolivarshagnasty, nibanny, morgan3896, WaterSport
  • MASSU2MASSU2 Posts: 253 ✭✭✭✭

Entry post.
    Thanks for the opportunity! I may be inclided to pick from the "bin".

• Rob9874Rob9874 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭✭

Entry Post. Like a post above, I would let my. 9-year-old son (who I recently got into coin collecting, and he's LOVING it) choose from the pick bin for his 7070. I'm thinking probably the Braided Hair Large Cent.

• DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

Entry post...

• VTchaserVTchaser Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

Entry Post. Thanks for giving this away!

Successful transactions with: robkool, Walkerguy21D, JimW, Bruce7789, massscrew, Jinx86, jonasdenenbergllc, Yorkshireman, bobsr, tommyrusty7, markelman1125, Kliao, DBSTrader2, SurfinxHI, ChrisH821, CoinHoarder, Bolo, MICHAELDIXON, bigtime36, JWP, 1960NYGiants

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post- ty for the opportunity

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭

Entry post
    My summer covid project

Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
    edited September 4, 2020 12:38AM

@Musky1011 said:
    Entry post
    My summer covid project

Man cave, Jim? If so, I'm envious. I have wanted (and lacked) an office space to call my own for 20 years now. Have always had to work off the kitchen table, or out of a briefcase wherever I happen to be.

Baby Bird has flown the nest, though (Daughter went off to college), so I'm already making moves on her old room. ;)

It still has to be a spare bedroom - and hers when she's back to visit on vacations - but when she's away, I'll finally have a (tiny) office to play with coins in!

edited September 5, 2020 4:55AM

@lordmarcovan said:

@Musky1011 said:
    Entry post
    My summer covid project

Man cave, Jim? If so, I'm envious. I have wanted (and lacked) an office space to call my own for 20 years now. Have always had to work off the kitchen table, or out of a briefcase wherever I happen to be.

Baby Bird has flown the nest, though (Daughter went off to college), so I'm already making moves on her old room. ;)

It still has to be a spare bedroom - and hers when she's back to visit on vacations - but when she's away, I'll finally have a (tiny) office to play with coins in!

Started out as a simple screen porch
    Built this myself
    Visited the Habitat for Humanity ReStore one too many times
    This actually is our neighborhood winter and summer drinking shed
    Has oak flooring, air conditioning and heat

edited September 5, 2020 5:03AM

Entry post
    Backside
    9 feet X 12 feet

Hey, only one entry post per person! ;)

I'll just count only the first one if that comes up in the drawing.

Nice little man cave shed! I want one. We even have an outbuilding that could be made into one, but it's crammed to the ceiling with junk, and I'm not "handy".

• WFFLWFFL Posts: 494 ✭✭✭

Entry post. Thank you for the contest and clean thumbnail! I love the Seleucid Empire Bronze of Antiochus IX if chosen in the lucky drawing. Interest in silver and ball cards.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry Post. I may as well enter your drawing. First time here for me. I can add yours to my lost drawings list. Thanks for the drawing.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post.
    Thank you for your generosity and enthusiasm.
    Your posts are always must reads for me.
    :)

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post
    My most recent hobby has been gathering scrap metal, copper aluminum, brass and melting them in my homemade furnace. I have been documenting the journey through video and posting them to YouTube which people seem to enjoy (I made a thread in the PM section about it called Backyard foundry Melts and pours)
    It’s been fun and I even created some custom “pirate coins” for scavenger hunts...

Appreciate the giveaway as always!

It's all about what the people want...

• bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

Entry post, thanks for the chance once again. I like the seated dimes or large cent. Jim

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

edited September 11, 2020 11:54PM

@LukeMarshall - I love the creativity! What do you use for molds? I suppose I should go look up your video.

But first, it's time for the drawing!
    Stand by while I go fire up the random number generator...

edited September 12, 2020 9:16AM

The random number generator has spoken, and it chose...

@Mgarmy!

@Mgarmy, you just won either the Mount Rushmore half in the original post, OR your choice of any one item from the Pick Bin. See the original post for details, let us know your selection, and shoot me a private message with your address.

(Note that some items marked "hold" in the Pick Bin are also available for selection, but will take a bit longer to get. They are new purchases not yet in hand as of this typing.)

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lordmarcovan said:
    @LukeMarshall - I love the creativity! What do you use for molds? I suppose I should go look up your video.

But first, it's time for the drawing!
    Stand by while I go fire up the random number generator...

Thanks! I’ll send you a link to the video. I used some scrap graphite blocks and engraved the designs.

Congrats to @Mgarmy in the qiveaway and thanks to @lordmarcovan for the generosity!

It's all about what the people want...

Thank you so much! Beautiful coin. Thank you again for the opportunity!

V/r
    Mike

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

edited September 12, 2020 1:49PM

@mgarmy - it is shipped. Missed today's carrier pickup, but it's in the box to go tomorrow AM.

(He chose the Mt. Rushmore half in the original post, if anyone was wondering.)

Thank you so much. Beautiful coin and specialized and autographed penny arrived today. Both are fantastic. Ty so much again.