Home Stamps Forum
Options

What do I have here? Star Wars stamp

Hey guys. I normally hang out and occasionally post over on the coin forum. Today, my father in law gave me this and I was wondering what the metal plate was. Carrie Fisher gave it to him prior to her passing. I know the stamp itself is common, and tried to find a gold metal plate-like stamp like the one here on eBay, but couldn’t find one. Any help is appreciated.

Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Will’sProoflikes

Comments

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Postal Commemorative Society issued many covers like that over a period of years. The "gold" stamp serves as a cachet. Because it has a Star Wars tie in it may have value to fans of Star Wars. It's value to ordinary stamp collectors is likely to be minimal as the popularity of first day covers has declined in recent years.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    sweetwillietsweetwilliet Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

Thanks for your help.👍

Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
    Will’sProoflikes
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

You bad she didn't autograph it. :p

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!