Home Autographs Forum

Holder for autographed photos. Where can I buy?

Hello everyone,
I want to buy an autographed photo (11x14) PSA certified, but it comes without an holder.
I would like to know if I can buy an holder like the "Jumbo Holder" that PSA use to encapsulate the photos.
Do you know where can I buy it?
Thanks in advance

Comments

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

You might consider buying an artist's portfolio for photos of the size you have. They are very inexpensive and easily available at stores like Michael's or other art supply stores. I use them for both artwork and photos.

All glory is fleeting.
  • PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2020 11:30AM

@291fifth said:
    You might consider buying an artist's portfolio for photos of the size you have. They are very inexpensive and easily available at stores like Michael's or other art supply stores. I use them for both artwork and photos.

It might be the ITOYA Art Folders that 291fifth is referring to...or else something like it. I have always kept my autographs and currency in 3-ring binders. Then, I found these art portolios. I purchase the 9" X 12" size. They feature 24 2-sided archival pages and inserts and are available at Hobby Lobby for less than $9 when you use their perpetually offered 40% off coupon. The pages are great for displaying paper collectibles of many sizes. They will also accommodate the pages that I store my currency in. I merely moved the entire page from the binder and inserted into the page of the portfolio. And if that isn't enough convenience for you, these portfolios fit into my safe deposit box! I have also bought several for archiving my children's school art and other memorabilia. They are wonderful.

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is the Itoya art portfolios that I am referring to. They are a great way to save and display interesting items!

All glory is fleeting.
  • JBKJBK Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thx for that tip. I will check them out.

Now....what is the story on that little flag.

@JBK said:
    Thx for that tip. I will check them out.

Now....what is the story on that little flag.

Back in the early 70's a buddy and I investigated an old abandoned shack that sat behind his house. There was a lot of old 40's era political pamphlets and cool old flashlights with convex lenses on the front, etc. I found a couple of old flags on small wooden dowels...the kind they hand out at parades. I kept them both and over the years removed them from their dowels and preserved them. There were two larger size flags that featured 45 stars on them. I had that for years but lost it somewhere down the line. I think my buddy still has his.

• philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Main thing is to make sure album pages are acid-free and the plastic is inert. You want archival quality.

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

As I've kept acquiring more odd sized stuff and really need to get more organized, I finally ordered several of these today. If you're too lazy to go pick them up, like me, and need several, Michael's has 20% off the entire order and free shipping over $59 vs. the 40% off one item from Hobby Lobby. Three 9x12s and one 11x14 hit the magic number for free delivery @ ~$64.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hobbymart.

• Hello, thanks to everyone for your replies. > @PipestonePete said:

@291fifth said:

It might be the ITOYA Art Folders.........

Hello, thanks to everyone for your replies.
    Finally the photo I bought has arrived.
    The photo arrived inside a plastica holder (see photo attached) and I don't know if I still can buy the Art Portfolio 11x14 (by Itoya) because the photo with a plastic holder now measures 11.70 x 14.45.
    I don't want to take out the photo from the plastic holder because I'm afraid to scratch the autograph.
    Do you think in the Art Portfolio 11x14 can I to insert the photo with the plastic holder (11.70 x 14.45)?
    If the portfolio 11x14 is not good for my photo, can you help me choose the correct size?
    Thanks again

If that is just a "top loader" plastic protector the photograph can be safely and easily removed from it. If it is a sonically sealed holder fro PSA or some other TPA then it would be best to leave it alone.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was in a Hobby Lobby recently and portfolios like these were on clearance - 75% off.

They still had fill price ones so I guess these were an older style or older labeling.

I got a variety of large sizes for oddball stuff.