Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

EBAY Credit Card....Something is way off. Even Customer Service is misdirecting me.

I got the EBAY CC about 9 months ago. They have a REWARDS program for $$ spent on EBAY. I have racked up quite a few dollars that are ready to redeem. They have been ready for 5 months. Simply no way to use them. I used them regularly 5-6 months ago with no problem as they appear during check out in the same manner EBAY BUCKS and coupons do. You just check the box and it re calculates the total and you pay using the EBAY CC. In the past 5 months they do not appear. I've used chat and called CS and they have even given me a CS # for PAYPAL which is useless. I get this same BS from all of the CS agents. I'm starting to feel like this is a scam of some kind. I've contacted them numerous times in the past 5 months with no results. Anyone know anything about this??

Comments

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds about right.

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have redeemed points, but never allowed on coins. It mentions 'terms of service' which says they decide what you can use it on. So possibly never on any collectibles?

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

Credit cards can always yank the rug out anytime ..... and that is the crude truth. Once they start losing money on a client b/c of frequent discounts..... SIANARA.

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

I used it regularly about 6 months for redeeming my points. It was easy to use. Does not work now. I have a bunch of $$ to redeem and can't.

• Options

And yes, I 95% buy cards. So nothing has changed.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

my points couldn't be redeemed for the first 5 months, i called them 4 times about the problem, it finally started working a few days ago, i have 20,000 points, used it for a wallet for the first time today, 1,500 points and wallet was free. just keep calling and you will talk to the right person sooner or later

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

they told me to make sure chrome was your browser, i am using Microsoft Edge so i don't think they really know what the problem is, they sent a ip a fix it ticket

• Options

Coinpalice,
    I Use CHROME. Yes, it is frustrating. I'm glad yours started working again. There's hope for me. Some CS don't know the rewards program at all. They think you just get statement credits. They say that like 90% of the time. Crazy stuff.

Mickey71

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

i firmly believe some of these companies try to make it so difficult to redeem points etc. that people will just give up.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

Maybe they figured out the 5 month glitch. LOL. it is working now; but my item was only $3 after the EBAY coupon so I didn't use any points yet. FINGERS CROSSED for when I need them.