Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

(Closed) YN Giveway - Two graded World coins. One to each of first two respondents.

cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 12, 2020 11:25PM in Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

I have a couple of graded World coins I've recently upgraded that I would like to pass along to a couple of YN's that will appreciate them.

One coin to each of the first responders. I'll take responses from either a YN or their parent or guardian (as long as the coin is promised to the youngster :) ). First person to respond can pick the coin of their choice. The second to respond will receive the remaining coin. Please respond inside this thread. We'll then confirm shipping address via PM.

First option (need to use Great Collections image for this one) -- 1923 Jersey 1/12 Shilling NGC MS64RB. The 1923 coins were produced using two different reverse designs. This is the Rounded Shield (KM# 14) variety. A large, roughly half dollar size bronze coin. Mintage of 301,000. King George V.

Second option -- 1942-S Netherlands East Indies 1/10 Gulden PCGS MS65. The United States mints at Philadelphia, Denver and San Francisco all struck coins for Netherlands East Indies during the WWII years of 1941-1945. A tiny (15 mm, 1.25 g) silver coin (0.72 fine). KM# 318. Mintage of 75,000,000. This coin has a PCGS TrueView (in hand, to my eye the coin is slightly whiter than depicted by the TrueView with strong luster --

Coins will be mailed to the winners early next week. Good luck!!

Have a good weekend,

Jeff

Comments

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is awesome. Ty. My sonMichael (15) just got into it with me.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

PM sent to @Mgarmy as to which coin they prefer to receive.

Jeff

The 1923 Jersey 1/12 Shilling has been claimed.

The 1942-S Netherlands East Indies 1/10 Gulden PCGS MS65 remains if a 2nd person responds.

Jeff

• TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice giveaway. Surprise no one claims the 1942-S Netherlands East Indies 1/10 Gulden PCGS MS65.
    I will take it for my nephew if no one claim it by tomorrow night.

I've sent a PM to TurboSnail that he is more than welcome to the Netherlands East Indies 1/10 G.

I've given the option to claim it for his nephew or we can wait it out until tomorrow evening.

Jeff

edited July 12, 2020 10:29PM

Thank you sir. Since this is a very nice coin, I would still like to give other people especially our younger members a chance before claiming it if you don't mind :)

Last call~ and don't be shy.

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Jeff- recieved the coin in the mail today. The boy put down the Xbox to look at it under the scope today. We are working on becoming better graders. Very tough to do on proof ASE’s. I covered up the grade and we looked at some other examples on line. He over shot the grade a bit but we spent the better part of an hour doing it. Thank you again.

V/r
    Mike

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

Hi Mike,

@Mgarmy

Very glad you like the coin and enjoyed examining it! It is a very nice piece and King George V coinage in general really appeals to me. This coin ending up being a duplicate for me and instead of selling it, I liked the idea of passing it along to a youngster who would enjoy and appreciate it...to which I think that goal was accomplished!!

Jeff

Sorry for replying so late. I was finally able to pass the coin to my nephew last night. He loved it and agreed to safe keeping along with his other precious collection. I did also told him not to sell it to his friends since I knew he sold a few coins that I gave him .lol

Thanks again.
    Mark

For the record, he sold those silver quarters and dimes from the loose changes I found for $5 to $10 each. :D