Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Start note $20 miscut question UPDATE

jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 17, 2020 6:57PM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

Is this miscut $20 from a sheet done by an individual or by BEP. I know normally sheet sales notes by bep start with 999, 998 etc, but not familar with star series.

I know it was produced originally in sheet, but was it sold that way with somebody then cutting it trying to make it look like a cutting error? a customer is asking

Comments

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe the chances of it being legit are excellent. The last time the BEP sold $20 Star note sheets was over a decade ago for series 1996, 2004 and 2004A. Nice error note.

• tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

@mbwizkid said:
    I believe the chances of it being legit are excellent. The last time the BEP sold $20 Star note sheets was over a decade ago for series 1996, 2004 and 2004A. Nice error note.

@mbwizkid any chance that this is from a sheet sold at BEP store?

The latest $20 sheets available at the Money Store are series 2009...and those were standard sheets and not replacement notes.

• jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope its legit, becuase I bought it today from the guy & paid him a fair price, if real. I looked at the edges with a magnifier, looked identicle to edge of a standard bill. Fibers, the edge cut, etc. I also placed it end for end and side to side up against a standard new $20 bill. Dead on perfect square edge match all around.

I explained to the guy why i had intial concerns and how people simulate errors from hand cut sheets etc. He really didn't have any idea of the process. it had just come thru the cash drawer at his place of employment.

Ill probably send it in to PMG some time

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck on your submission !!! 👍

Timbuk3
  • JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would be interested in knowing what PMG has to say.
    Good luck!!

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

good luck with it. keep us posted

• air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭

I hope I’m wrong, but it looks intentionally cut from a sheet and not an error bill.

• jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok,
    update, finally had something to submit to PMG, so I tossed in this note along with a customer submission, and good news, a legit cutting error. Graded PMG 50.

Congratulations. An error on a $20 that’s also a star note.