Buffalo Nickle unknow date

LuckedupLuckedup Posts: 30
edited June 16, 2020 12:21PM in Q & A Forum

How can I tell what year this is from.

Comments

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,827 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's Nickel ... not Nicole.
    There are different chemicals that will raise the date. Nic-a-Date restorer is one of them. But most will ruin the value of the coin.

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like you can make out the last digit as a 0, so that narrows it down. The little bit that's left of the 3rd digit looks more like a 2 than a 3, so I would guess it's 1920

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks to be 1920 to me too.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

@Jimnight said:
    It's Nickel ... not Nicole...
    There are different chemicals that will raise the date. Nic-a-Date restorer is one of them. But most will ruin the value of the coin.

Damn spell check ... I know how to spell nickel my phone just wants to put words out there... Lol

• Options

Thank you so I better just leave it alone... Right so I want damage it more .

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,827 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Luckedup said:

@Jimnight said:
    It's Nickel ... not Nicole...

Damn spell check ... I know how to spell nickel my phone just wants to put words out there... Lol

I hear yuh ...

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 16, 2020 2:32PM

@Luckedup said:
    Thank you so I better just leave it alone... Right so I want damage it more .

Yeah. IMO, a weak date that is recognizable is always better than a chemically restored date. Put it in a 2x2 and write 1920 on the top

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me sees 1920 on that NICKEL. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely a 1920.

• Options

Thank you

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Luckedup said:
    Thank you

You should accept one of those answers, so somebody gets credit. :smile:

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Old thread but even without a date you can tell it's 1920 due to the one-year design feature of a bend/curve in the left hair ribbon.

• Options

John 3:16 and I will

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bend/curve looks more like a 21

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions