Home PSA Set Registry Forum

My online chat with eBay about multiple BIN purchases and getting shipping discounts

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Although I have a thread below on this topic, I thought it important enough to begin a new discussion.

My situation was this...last night I made (attempted to make) a 6 card purchase on eBay. I've bought from this seller in the past, so he is no issue. Two of the four were OBOs...which he accepted. Now, I hit the BIN on the other four. I go to my cart, the 2 OBOs show that I committed to buy, the other four indicate I have not committed to buy...remember, I hit the BIN on the four, indicating to eBay (in my mind) that I intend to pay for the four cards. I attempt to request a total from seller...up comes a message telling me I have not committed to the four cards, click the link that says "commit to buy and request total"...I click the link...up comes another pop up at the top in red no less, telling me the seller is not offering shipping discounts. His listing clearly
states "contact me for shipping discounts for multiple purchases".

He and I go back and forth...he finally lists the four cards as a lot with free shipping...I click the BIN before someone else gets the deal. He charged me for one shipping cost on the OBOs and free on the other four, which were $3.95 each. I got a good deal.

Tonight I had a chat with eBay...as they tell me, the seller had the "immediate payment required" on the BINs enabled, thus locking me out of the option of requesting a total from the seller. This is kinda obscure under the "payment options" section of the sell page where you create the listings. If you're not a seller, you can kinda fudge the system by creating a fictional card which then allows you to proceed...you scroll down over half way to find the "payment options" and the second choice down is the "immediate payment required" box most sellers will click on. Do click the little "i" for information to get additional info on the immediate payment required.

Soooooooooo, if you make multiple BIN purchases and find your self in the situation above, you have to ask the seller to unlink the "immediate payment required" option and update his listings, then you can go to your cart and request a total, which will enable the seller to make whatever discounts for multiple cards. Clear? I don't know if you have to "re"-BIN the cards, OR, before you even make a move, contact the seller before you buy and ask him to remove the "immediate payment required".

I have not a remote clue why eBay would make this so difficult. This is supposed to be relatively simple.

Hope this is clear as to what you gotta do when making multiple BIN purchases and expect to get a discount.

Comments

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

My comments above were based on an online chat with eBay...this morning I attempted to purchase 3 cards via BIN...this was a carryover from my initial problem. I had contacted the seller and he removed the "immediate payment" requirement. Try as I might, by either putting the 3 BINs in my cart and seeking correct shipping, OR, by hitting the BIN on the 3 cards, neither worked. I kept getting the "you have not committed to buy" nonsense. What in the world does BIN stand for...it means to me you have committed to buy the items.

Something is very wrong with eBay here to have this nonsense continue!
    If anyone has a solution, I'd love to hear it.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Skip BINs without Best Offer enabled. Best Offer interrupts the immediate payment requirement and seller can adjust invoice. The seller can decline all BOs more than a penny less if they so choose.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    Skip BINs without Best Offer enabled. Best Offer interrupts the immediate payment requirement and seller can adjust invoice. The seller can decline all BOs more than a penny less if they so choose.

THANK YOU!

Now I get it. I usually don't use the Best Offer option as people make offers that are more of insults than offers. I also don't like the Immediate Payment demand. Relax a little bit.

When selling in the future, I will keep this in mind.

Kyle, you are a cool dude.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set