Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am guessing this is the red version? Well the super high end ultra market sure is strong.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am guessing this is the red version? Well the super high end ultra market sure is strong.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • brad31brad31 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 21, 2020 10:47AM

Read several articles on this but none showed which Trout rookie it is.

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like modern cardboard, in some instances, is the place to be. Someday it will be vintage.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • emaremar Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭

Vintage. They're not making it any more

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    Looks like modern cardboard, in some instances, is the place to be. Someday it will be vintage.

Modern basketball does this on the reg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0-58f6Eiow&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR30I9RXdnIr-Tz_iLgOWqoZiyx1w0Ps2IMFCtBqRFfFCL80Ka9w2022flg

Dude this guy killed it.

I get it most will call him the hater term D Bag but you got to give him props for crushing it. Amazing foresight.

When you put your money where your mouth is and win that is cool in my book.

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully he put the right SSN down on the paperwork this time. 😉

• sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭

For a mere 5K the buyer could cross over to PSA. Nope, it's a 9...................

• HorseHorse Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

And to think.... that could have been any person, on this message board now, that could have pulled that card from a 2dollar / 80 buck box at the time. Pretty freaking cool !!!!

Fun is in modern. Boring is in vintage.

• orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

How much would the superfractor go for that he bought?

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)

I read an article where he is quoted as saying 3 million.

400k and 3 million are very far apart.

Not sure the number but obviously he absolutely killed it.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Horse said:
    And to think.... that could have been any person, on this message board now, that could have pulled that card from a 2dollar / 80 buck box at the time. Pretty freaking cool !!!!

Fun is in modern. Boring is in vintage.

One thing you can attest to in modern is a lower buy in for a potential hit such as the card featured here. At least at time of original issue price. Somewhat difficult to buy a vintage pack cheaply for a high valued score, unless a 9/10 grade is nailed. And even then, in many cases, you are not looking at a $100,000.00 card unless it's a major star. But this chance comes with a high buy in wax pack price. Not too many, if any, sealed legitimate 50's vintage wax that can be purchased on the cheap. And as a bonus modern affords you the chance for a scarce insert. Each area has it's plus/minuses. There is room for all types of interest in the card collecting arena. Just my opinion.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • KingBenKingBen Posts: 193 ✭✭✭

@orioles93 said:
    How much would the superfractor go for that he bought?

At least $2 Million

COLLECTING: 2020 Topps 206 ⚾️

facebook.com/groups/Topps206

facebook.com/groups/SportsCardsHobbyTalk

• steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2020 6:48AM

Step one.....get $400,000 to spend on a card

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • VagabondVagabond Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭

He certainly killed it on that. But coming up with the cash is not an easy thing to do but if you have the means, then definitely go out and buy the best that your money can get.