Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A Very COVID 2020 National

So in this new COVID era we all live in, it makes me wonder what type of rules, regulations and restrictions we will have to contend with at the newly rescheduled National. Will all dealer booths be six feet apart? Will dealers be allowed to take cash? Will every single raw card be required to be in a top loader? Will dealers have to have hand sanitizer stations at their booth? Are pack wars a thing of the past? Will all PSA slabs have to be wiped down after each viewing? Are they going to check everyone’s temperature? Will bathrooms be open? What about the breakers? Will the manufacturers be there? Will there be onsite autograph guests? Will there be a buffet at the Topps party? Can I buy an ice cream cone? Will it be too locked down to even go? Will we be required to drink some Lysol before entering the convention hall? This doesn’t even take into account that it’s freakin winter in New Jersey and Christmas time. What do you guys think this National will look like? Should they even have it this year?

Comments

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not sure if it has been addressed yet, but what about the PSA luncheon? I haven't seen much about the awards voting, will that be put off as well?

• Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

I didn’t know it was rescheduled, thanks for the heads up.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would not count on any date specified for any future event to be etched in stone. While nice to set a future date, I believe all event dates are subject to change. This virus has a mind of it's own and knows no borders. Officials could reverse openings/event dates based on one uprising of a virus hot spot in a flash. Just about impossible to plan on something as far off as a December Nat'l date. For myself the NJ weather and being a holiday month does not appeal to me. Besides, what kind of enjoyment can one really have if there may be much consideration that must be made for/with:Masks,Gloves, Sanitizing, close quarters of a crowd,social distancing. I maybe could deal with the weather/holiday concerns, but not in conjunction with health considerations. The NY/NJ area was the hot spot of the country.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    KingBenKingBen Posts: 193 ✭✭✭

By then? None!

COLLECTING: 2020 Topps 206 ⚾️

facebook.com/groups/Topps206

facebook.com/groups/SportsCardsHobbyTalk