Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Where is the link to request a cert/card be removed from another member's set?

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't want to use it, just want to read it.
Just got involved with a situation, that was kinda blown off as a possible typo...causing me to prove I own a card that I've owned for more years than I can remember.
Tks

Comments

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you just try to add a card and if it's in someone else's set, the process begins.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭

there's an email address that you send a copy of the card, front and back. they will then review and remove the card so you can add. If you send to info@psacard.com, that should get a reply.
    I don't believe there is a link for what you ask.

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Joe nailed it as I recall. Trying to add a card to a set and then a message pops up saying something like "another collector has this registered"...then there's the removal request. You then just click the removal request and we're off to the races.

Had a bit of back and forth with "people" at PSA over a card I've owned forever that was associated with the cert # the Requestor was asking to have removed from my Master Set. The email to me asked me to "resolve" this issue within 3 days at a link provided. I tried to make the point that I shouldn't have to do anything, that the issue to be resolved rests with the requestor, not me.

It is apparent that the Requestor made a typo (maybe)...this wasn't confirmed by PSA, but the response was "90% of these removal requests are typos". At the highest level in the Registry, I tried to explain that I am retired and travel often, and sometimes out of the country for a couple of weeks, blah, blah...in those time frames I would be unable to respond, which, in turn would make the Requestor think I wasn't responding, nor was PSA, turning into frustration for the Requestor. I asked if that happened beyond the 3 day window would they take my card down? Crickets other than to say "long time members would not have this happen". Also, why would I have sold a card that then puts my Master Set (took me 6 years), under 100%?

I suggested the following, which resulted in no response:

Have the Requestor put in the cert # twice, (like when you change the password on your credit card) then, the cert # would pop up the card name, grade, etc, then ask the Requestor to valid with verbiage..."Is this the card you want removed?" IF 90% (their stats) of removal requests are typos, seems to me this would eliminate a huge portion of that stat.

This isn't really any big deal, but the tone of the directive to me seemed a bit "you will do this". I shouldn't, nor should anyone else have to jump through a hoop because somebody doesn't use a keyboard carefully. Seems to me that a simple review of the existing procedure and simple fix/additional steps to the Requestor would make a lot of their administrative efforts vanish.

I just tried to enter a card this morning. Seller hasn't removed it from his inventory yet.

Up popped a box to ask for a "removal request" and to give prior owner 3 days to remove it.

Not a big deal for me, my new card is a variation. Jello had two different cards in 1962, the cards on the gelatin boxes had lines all the way around (I think it was the gelatin box anyway) and the pudding boxes did not have a vertical line on the left side. The card I just got is a lower grade than the one I already have in my set.

I'm not going to bother to try to get it into the master set. I have given up trying to "fix" things.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

Just got an email from PSA letting me know the card could be entered in my set.

That was fast.

• twhitmeyertwhitmeyer Posts: 123 admin

I am happy to hear this happened quickly for you.

For the future, you can now see updates to received and sent removal requests on the PSA Set Registry activity page! Visit https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/activity (you must be signed in)

T. Whitmeyer
    Front-end Developer, Collectors Universe

@twhitmeyer said:
    I am happy to hear this happened quickly for you.

For the future, you can now see updates to received and sent removal requests on the PSA Set Registry activity page! Visit https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/activity (you must be signed in)

Not for me...I just got a SECOND removal request from the same person, the first was on May 3rd, and another tonight.
    The request is for the same card, which I've owned forever.

You have a serious fallacy in the removal link...just because somebody enters a cert and it shows it is in another members set or inventory, doesn't mean that person can willy nilly click the "request removal" and then compel me to respond to PSA to "RESOLVE" the issue. I didn't create the issue, the other person did. The procedure needs to be fixed and become fail safe.

I have elevated this to Cosetta on the first request and have emailed her about the second. This quickly becomes a waste of my time just because somebody clicked a button, who apparently is clueless.

@MCMLVTopps I understand better your frustration. Some further updates are in the works to prevent duplicate cert removal requests. It's not often that someone would enter a cert they don't actually own, so the process does favor the requestor in an effort to speed up the ability to add an item to their set. Obviously you are having a problem with someone asking more than once, which our team is working on preventing among other updates. We value your feedback and will continue to make changes and add features to the Set Registry.

T. Whitmeyer

@twhitmeyer said:
    @MCMLVTopps I understand better your frustration. Some further updates are in the works to prevent duplicate cert removal requests. It's not often that someone would enter a cert they don't actually own, so the process does favor the requestor in an effort to speed up the ability to add an item to their set. Obviously you are having a problem with someone asking more than once, which our team is working on preventing among other updates. We value your feedback and will continue to make changes and add features to the Set Registry.

Cosetta has my suggestion to improve the process. She and her staff can tweak it as needed, but something has to change!

The most notorious problem is sellers not deleting their sales and buyers wanting to upgrade their sets, like in a nano second. They should be made to wait at least 3 days, or until the card is in their possession, before hitting the "request removal". This and other enhancements I've suggested to Coestta for review and implementation, would eliminate most of this nonsense. The other part of this is that I did not like being directed to a website to RESOLVE the issue, when I have NO ISSUE to resolve. The burden of proof is with the initiator, not me, who has happened to own this particular card for many years. My time is just as precious as anyone else's...not a lot of time, but still not something I should be requested to do.

And yes, I included a scan of the card in question to Cosetta. When I saw the SECOND request, that kinda did it for me. What are the odds someone could enter the same cert twice, causing the "remove cert" to pop up and he hits the button TWICE!!

I appreciate your comment above.

@MCMLVTopps If a user requests a removal of one of your cards, the burden of proof is still on them. You do not have to do anything - you can just ignore any emails or notifications within the mobile apps or website, though you can also sign in and 'deny' the request. The other user will, after 3 days, need to prove they own it by providing scans. This is how it has always worked when the process was via email only. We cannot control when a buyer tries to add a cert to their inventory and initiates a removal request as we have no idea when the item was sold, but we are working on stopping duplicate requests once the first is resolved one way or the other and, of course, other changes to improve the user experience are ongoing. Thank you!

T. Whitmeyer

• DMasciDMasci Posts: 169 ✭✭✭

I have purchased 25 graded cards this month from ebay and had to request removal on 4 of them. I didn't try to add them to my inventory until I received them so it was no issue taking a picture since I was adding to a digital album anyway. I will say the first 3 were resolved within 24 hours, the fourth was received yesterday so still waiting. For me, it's not been a big issue but I agree it shouldn't be necessary at all if people would just remove them prior to selling.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

@twhitmeyer said:
    @MCMLVTopps If a user requests a removal of one of your cards, the burden of proof is still on them. You do not have to do anything - you can just ignore any emails or notifications within the mobile apps or website, though you can also sign in and 'deny' the request. The other user will, after 3 days, need to prove they own it by providing scans. This is how it has always worked when the process was via email only. We cannot control when a buyer tries to add a cert to their inventory and initiates a removal request as we have no idea when the item was sold, but we are working on stopping duplicate requests once the first is resolved one way or the other and, of course, other changes to improve the user experience are ongoing. Thank you!

Exactly. There is no way to remedy this and still allow legitimate removal requests to be submitted. The requestor has to submit a scan or pic of both front and back of the card to escalate the removal request to PSA. If it's a typo, they won't be able to do that, obviously. Hopefully, they realize their typo sooner or later regardless.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

@DMasci said:
    I have purchased 25 graded cards this month from ebay and had to request removal on 4 of them. I didn't try to add them to my inventory until I received them so it was no issue taking a picture since I was adding to a digital album anyway. I will say the first 3 were resolved within 24 hours, the fourth was received yesterday so still waiting. For me, it's not been a big issue but I agree it shouldn't be necessary at all if people would just remove them prior to selling.

No, no, no!

If you remove the card from your set prior to selling you are asking for trouble. People have been known to add cards to their sets that they don't have. That ends up causing trouble for the buyer and seller.

You are not supposed to add the card before receiving it, so there is no reason to remove it prior to selling and receiving feedback.

You might also return the card if it gets damaged or there is some other problem with the transaction.

I have gotten cards that were not removed from the sellers set and have forgotten to remove cards from mine on occasion when selling. Usually only takes a reminder email.

People complain about the smallest inconvenience now.

RELAX, you got the card didn't you?

• DMasciDMasci Posts: 169 ✭✭✭

Not really complaining Joe as I said with all of mine the cards were removed quickly so not a big issue for me.

People like to jump on comments quickly now too don't they :-)

@DMasci said:
    Not really complaining Joe as I said with all of mine the cards were removed quickly so not a big issue for me.

People like to jump on comments quickly now too don't they :-)

I did see that. I was reacting to the "remove them prior to selling" part of your post. That is imo not a solution.

Sorry if I did not make myself more clear.

Personally, I just don't see what the fuss is all about, except in the case where a person in possession of a card is asked to prove he has it, that should be on the person asking for the removal. Even that is really not a problem.

Many collectors, both buyers and sellers are way to upset about extremely minor things.

It's supposed to be a fun hobby. Getting ownership of the cert# shouldn't be more important than acquiring the card itself.