Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ebay Wax Pack Jackpot...This Morning!

mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking at the right place at the right time...I picked up these difficult gems this morning! I only need a 1960 Topps 5-cent Wax Pack in a PSA-8 to complete my run and to be 2nd on the register for a 1960s 5-cent wax pack run.

1963 Topps Baseball 5-cent Wax Pack Series #4 (Willie Mays and Yogi Berra Series) PSA-7

1969 Topps Baseball 5-cent Wax Pack Series #6 (Nolan Ryan Series) PSA-8

mint_only_pls

Comments

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

Major score congrats.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,567 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are really nice! Congrats!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    MacrosBMacrosB Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Congrats. 63 is the only 5 cent pack I need for my 60 and up run

Looking for 66 and 69 OPC baseball
    60's OPC packs
    72 BB, 60's FB, 71FB, 73FB, 74FB, 75FB, 76FB, 78FB Rack Packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pickups Monte. I am sure you had your church service taped so you did not miss it 😄 Did you not have a 1969 or just not in a PSA 8.

KC

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the first time I've ever seen either one of those unopened packs. Nice score!

• Options
    HorseHorse Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

Graded pack collecting is badass and I have zero. Wish I got in to it 20 years ago verse what I got now unopened.

• Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats, Monte. Those are some great pickups. I think you did well both in price and packs acquired. They look great for the grade. You're lucky I was out working in the yard on Sunday morning as I need both of these packs for my pack run in the 60s as well....just kidding. Happy that they are going to do a great guy!

• Options

Thanks MantleFan23! I could not believe it when I stumbled upon them. I had a chance to pickup a 1969 PSA-8 5-cent wax pack 6th series (Nolan Ryan Series) 2 years ago and could not fund it....so I wasn't missing a second chance.

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

Congrats! Those are beauties.

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Juicy - congratz!

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pick-ups! 1965 is my nemesis for completing the 60s 5c pack run. 1960 packs are relatively common thanks to a find back in the early 90s. So you shouldn't have to wait long to get that one.

• Options

Gemint…

The three toughest 5-cent wax packs from the 1960s (w/correct wax wrapper and printed in the U.S.A.) are 1964, 1963 then 1965. I am thankful you didn't bid on the one from REA...

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet pack!! Congrats

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll start the bidding at $200 for slot #3 in the 1963 pack break.

All kidding aside - Very nice pack! :)

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:
    Looking at the right place at the right time...I picked up these difficult gems this morning! I only need a 1960 Topps 5-cent Wax Pack in a PSA-8 to complete my run and to be 2nd on the register for a 1960s 5-cent wax pack run.

1963 Topps Baseball 5-cent Wax Pack Series #4 (Willie Mays and Yogi Berra Series) PSA-7

1969 Topps Baseball 5-cent Wax Pack Series #6 (Nolan Ryan Series) PSA-8

On the 1969 pack, lower right corner crimp. Hope that the card corners inside did not get dinged.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

On the 1969 pack, lower right corner crimp. Hope that the card corners inside did not get dinged.

It will never see the light of day anyway. Not many to choose from to buy the "pack" and not the "holder" on a 6th series.