Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Currency

1000 STAR NOTES $2 BEP Brick SEALED ! Have you ever seen ?

For sale is 1 Brick ( 1000 Star Notes Replaced $2 ) in original Factory Sealed from the 2013 series .

Brick is made up of ten packs of New York stars still in their original BEP shrink-wrap . They all 1000 star notes consecutive cause the ten striped BEP bands showed .

So hard to find a full brick with all of the pack inside is Star Notes come from original Factory Sealed .

For more infomation please contact via my email : medal.tranou@gmail.com

Visit my ebay : https://www.ebay.com/usr/2013endless1

Comments

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s neat!

A family member has found a full strap at the bank but I never seen a brick.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

I'm confused....if that is the original shrink-wrap then why does it show Philadelphia non-stars as the contents yet the notes, as you stated and from what is shown, are NY stars?

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

@numbersman said:
    I'm confused....if that is the original shrink-wrap then why does it show Philadelphia non-stars as the contents yet the notes, as you stated and from what is shown, are NY stars?

Good catch !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, what if only the top note is a star? The plot thickens! Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

I have been informed that the label doesn't have to match the notes when it comes to the replacement stars.The striped wraps are proof that they are all full star packs and they are replacing the notes that are on the label.So,in other words, turns out all is kosher.I learned something by questioning it that I never knew in all my numismatic years.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

@numbersman said:
    I have been informed that the label doesn't have to match the notes when it comes to the replacement stars.The striped wraps are proof that they are all full star packs and they are replacing the notes that are on the label.So,in other words, turns out all is kosher.I learned something by questioning it that I never knew in all my numismatic years.

What stripes are you referring to?

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,

The stripes on the end of the wraps around each pack.Apparently,that represents a star pack.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 10, 2020 6:51PM

I know nothing about how star notes are shipped in bundles. But, why would entire packs, much less an entire package of ten of them, be replacing an entire 1000 note run of another FRB and it's run of serial numbers? Seems to defeat the purpose of star notes.

The starting serial number on the label is apparently replaced with a star note. Are you saying the next 999 notes were also replaced?

P.S. - I am not questioning the authenticity. I just don't know enough about it to understand why they would do it that way.

Ebay price is $4200 for face value of $2000 in star notes...does not sound unreasonable.

@JBK said:
    But, why would entire packs, much less an entire package of ten of them, be replacing an entire 1000 note run of another FRB and it's run of serial numbers? Seems to defeat the purpose of star notes.

The starting serial number on the label is apparently replaced with a star note. Are you saying the next 999 notes were also replaced?

https://www.mycurrencycollection.com/reference/star-notes/lookup/2/2013/B00373001

The print run made 3,200,000 consecutive star notes. With serial numbers ranging from
    B00000001 to B03200000.

His pack seems to run from B00373001 to B00374000 which would be in the range of the print run.

Also experts please correct me if I’m wrong. This is from what I’ve learned so far in the world of currency collecting.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@JBK said:
    But, why would entire packs, much less an entire package of ten of them, be replacing an entire 1000 note run of another FRB and it's run of serial numbers? Seems to defeat the purpose of star notes.

https://www.mycurrencycollection.com/reference/star-notes/lookup/2/2013/B00373001

The print run made 3,200,000 consecutive star notes. With serial numbers ranging from
    B00000001 to B03200000.

His pack seems to run from B00373001 to B00374000 which would be in the range of the print run.

Also experts please correct me if I’m wrong. This is from what I’ve learned so far in the world of currency collecting.

But the brick is from another FRB with another serial # range.

So, they replaced 1000 notes from FRB Philadelphia with 1000 * notes from FRN NY, but they kept the serial number range from the intended normal (non star) run from Philly???

What happened - did 1000 notes from Philly get damaged and they had to replace all 1000? If not, what happened to the 1000 notes in the serial number range stated on the label? Did they not get printed?

If the label on a brick of star notes had the star note range it would start to make more sense (brick of stars that were not otherwise used for individual replacements), but since it has a label with a serial number from a different FRB it just does not makes sense to me.

I just don't get it.... :/

@JBK said:

@Kliao said:

@JBK said:

B00000001 to B03200000.

But the brick is from another FRB with another serial # range.

So, they replaced 1000 notes from FRB Philadelphia with 1000 * notes from FRN NY, but they kept the serial number range from the intended normal (non star) run from Philly???

What happened - did 1000 notes from Philly get damaged and they had to replace all 1000? If not, what happened to the 1000 notes in the serial number range stated on the label? Did they not get printed?

If the label on a brick of star notes had the star note range it would start to make more sense (brick of stars that were not otherwise used for individual replacements), but since it has a label with a serial number from a different FRB it just does not makes sense to me.

I just don't get it.... :/

Now I see that. Didn’t really think of the label before......

Could it be that someone took the Philly label and put it on the the package? Do the feds really release bricks sealed like that?

I’m not too knowledgeable on paper currency

• Bum

• tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

p

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
  • luckyrollersluckyrollers Posts: 507 ✭✭✭✭

@numbersman said:
    The stripes on the end of the wraps around each pack.Apparently,that represents a star pack.

I have a question regarding the stripes on the wrapper. Will there be stripes as well if it on has two or three star noes in the strap?

• delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Stripes are for full star packs only.

• luckyrollersluckyrollers Posts: 507 ✭✭✭✭

@delistamps said:
    Stripes are for full star packs only.

Got it. Although I have gotten a few stars here and there in some of the new straps. I don't recall the wrapper having strips. Now I know. Thanks for the info.

• FlipitFlipit Posts: 10

@numbersman said:

Another flag, the shrink wrap on bricks is VERY tight, this appears to be rather loose.

I've sold well over 1000 of these sealed star note bricks since 2000, in the hay days I sold a coin shop owner over 100 bricks, he said "these won't see the light of day for over 20 years."