Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Another fractional NEWP. Thin key, 10c 5th issue

I had Friedberg 1266 already from last fall, so I got this one tonight, FR1265:

I just need the green seal now! >:)

Comments

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

If anyone has the green seal, post it here! :)

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:

here is a green for you

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why are the cloth fibers so much more visible on the rev? Inquiring minds want to know. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

@Namvet69 said:
    Why are the cloth fibers so much more visible on the rev? Inquiring minds want to know. Peace Roy

Not sure myself, maybe someone that knows the series more may chime in...

@tomtomtomtom said:

@asheland said:

here is a green for you

That's great! Definitely on my want list now, >:)

@asheland said:

@tomtomtomtom said:

@asheland said:

here is a green for you

They should all be on your list!!! :)

@Namvet69 said:

Jas Wilcox paper manufacturer ..."We added a new feature to the paper that makes it so peculiar. It can not be made by hand nor any cylinder machine but one called a fourdrinier machine and a special machine to locate the coloered shreds. As the machinery only exists at his palnt therefore, it is almost impossible to counterfeit. The mill is guarded by armed guards.The shreds of red and blue silk are interwoven with the silk fibers of the paper. They are both on the surface and inside the paper. Another process spreads the blue fibers at one end of the paper"

Wilcox's answer to your question from the grave!

@tomtomtomtom said:

@asheland said:

@tomtomtomtom said:

@asheland said:

here is a green for you

They should all be on your list!!! :)

My plan because of funding is this:

4th and 5th series: every Friedberg number preferably in 65 EPQ

1st through 3rd series: basic type set of the different notes.

I am having a BLAST doing this! :smiley:

@tomtomtomtom said:

@Namvet69 said:

Jas Wilcox paper manufacturer ..."We added a new feature to the paper that makes it so peculiar. It can not be made by hand nor any cylinder machine but one called a fourdrinier machine and a special machine to locate the coloered shreds. As the machinery only exists at his palnt therefore, it is almost impossible to counterfeit. The mill is guarded by armed guards.The shreds of red and blue silk are interwoven with the silk fibers of the paper. They are both on the surface and inside the paper. Another process spreads the blue fibers at one end of the paper"

Wilcox's answer to your question from the grave!

I’ve noticed quite a few fibers inside the paper. I love the fiber paper!

@asheland said:

@tomtomtomtom said:

@Namvet69 said:

...not to be confused with "fiber paper" fractional notes. This paper had cellulose fibers glued/sandwiched between 2 thin non fiber notes. They were a disaster because the layers separated and quickly deteriorated....making these Fr# notes much more $$ in better condition ex fr 1235, 1249, 1289. 1290, 1321 etc...

@tomtomtomtom said:

@asheland said:

@tomtomtomtom said:

@Namvet69 said:

...not to be confused with "fiber paper" fractional notes. This paper had cellulose fibers glued/sandwiched between 2 thin non fiber notes. They were a disaster because the layers separated and quickly deteriorated....making these Fr# notes much more $$ in better condition ex fr 1235, 1249, 1289. 1290, 1321 etc...

That's interesting. I was not aware of them fusing two sheets around fibers. Very cool!

@asheland said:

That's interesting. I was not aware of them fusing two sheets around fibers. Very cool!

my suggestion is to pick up Rob Kravitz's book on fractional currency...any collector will gain a tremendous amount from his very extensive research

@tomtomtomtom said:

@asheland said:

my suggestion is to pick up Rob Kravitz's book on fractional currency...any collector will gain a tremendous amount from his very extensive research

I actually got a copy recently. :)

read cover to cover ...all kinds of tidbits to digest

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

Thanks everybody!
    Indeed I plan to read that Kravitz book! :)

Thick key obv:

Thin key obv

Thick key reverse:

Thin key reverse:

@dtreter said:

That's awesome!

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice score. It's all good