Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Just Received Notice of Order in QA2-- How is this possible?

Received notice yesterday of an order hitting QA2, right before shipment. How is this even possible with PSA closed? Puzzling to say the least.

Matt

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

I've been ignoring my order status but this will not help me at all to continue to do so.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Interesting. It is like a Quarantine Miracle especially since this order has '78 Donruss KISS cards!!!!!

Matt

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭✭

@Mefer said:
    Interesting. It is like a Quarantine Miracle especially since this order has '78 Donruss KISS cards!!!!!

Matt

Allright! You wanted the best, you got the best! Kiss!

Sorry, my inner 13 year old made an appearance.

Seriously, please post pics when you receive. Good luck.

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭✭✭

They're allowed to work from home.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 601 ✭✭✭✭

Can only speak from my personal experiences but there's a lot of misinformation going around of what is and isn't allowed. I'll leave it at that.

I have ordered from California companies after April 1st, and can tell you there's a whole bunch of them working.

Will not give away the company who sent this email below, but many of the companies I've ordered from have the same email. And no PSA isn't the company its in a different industry.

"" Due to the extra precautions we are taking around COVID-19, order processing is taking at least an additional 10 business days (not including weekends or holidays). Thank you for your patience and understanding! ""

And while I do not know specifics for California, I can tell you I'm still working myself. In a state that is totally stay at home. So fairly certain if they're following strict covid-19 guidelines many can still do " limited" work.

And I had a QA 2 order from nearly a month ago in early March pop recently as well and get delivered today.

Jeff

• Options
    HorseHorse Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

What if the cards come back all virus up’d.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

@Horse said:
    What if the cards come back all virus up’d.

sonically sealed and then dies in a few weeks

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just received an email for my sub moving from research and id to grading. Good to see some movement during the shutdown.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joined to figure this out as I thought they were closed and it might be easier. Thought it was a glitch but good to see other's orders are moving too. Stay safe.

• Options
    edited April 15, 2020 9:18AM

Just got an email from PSA ...

Following today’s corporate announcement, PSA is slowly reopening its California operation, bringing back a limited crew of employees, effective immediately. That said, safety is our top priority. We have implemented a number of health and safety measures, including changing the configuration of our workstations and limiting the number of employees that may be onsite at any time in order to maintain social distancing. We are also regularly sanitizing our offices and adopting other health and safety protocols.

During this time, while you may see some order movement, please be patient as we are still not back to full capacity and therefore service levels remain limited. Please note that we are able to accept orders at Economy service and higher, but are not able to currently accept Bulk orders. PSA autograph and memorabilia authentication services are accepting orders in California only. PSA’s New Jersey office remains closed.

ETA: Link to corporate announcement http://investors.collectors.com/news-releases/news-release-details/collectors-universe-provides-new-business-update-regarding

• Options
    Halos2002Halos2002 Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

That's good news! I have 4 separate submissions in research & id...

• Options

Please note that we are able to accept orders at Economy service and higher, but are not able to currently accept Bulk orders

Guess I'll be sending some jumbo's in then == at least "somethings" going now :)

• Options

@jeffv96masters said:
    Please note that we are able to accept orders at Economy service and higher, but are not able to currently accept Bulk orders

Guess I'll be sending some jumbo's in then == at least "somethings" going now :)

Yep, good time to send some crossovers and a higher valued Super. I need to get some Mech Errors sent in too, but doubt they're allowed right now.

• Options
    dad2cl3dad2cl3 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

@jeffv96masters said:

Yep, good time to send some crossovers and a higher valued Super. I need to get some Mech Errors sent in too, but doubt they're allowed right now.

Hmmm...One of my subs already at PSA is a single card crossover!

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is great news!

We need more business's to re open in a safe manner.

• Options

The market sure applauded the move today in CLCT.

Huge news after the close with Gilead Sciences having tremendous results on their drug remdesivir curing severe cases of Covid 19.

Keep your fingers crossed!! Trump just announced phases of reopening the economy.

You can't keep the economy shut down much longer without really severe consequences and this Gilead news came just at the right time.

I am hopeful for the world.

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭✭✭

'NO BULK ORDERS'

What is considered a bulk?

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

@coolstanley said:
    'NO BULK ORDERS'

I believe 100 cards or higher. Perhaps others will chime in if I am wrong.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coolstanley said:
    'NO BULK ORDERS'

It's a category. Anything below $20 per card.

• Options
    JakeR2234JakeR2234 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

I have my packs from September coming today!

PC Walter Payton - Bear Down!

• Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

My grades on this just popped. 25 card review of all 1978 Donruss KISS. Three cards received a bump to PSA 10 and all three are one of ones! Interestingly, one Gene, one Paul and one Ace. No Peter love........ :) All in all, quite happy with three big bumps!

Stay safe all!

Matt

• Options
    HorseHorse Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

STRUTTER !!!

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

I subbed a 19 card reholder sub at the Philly Show on March 10. I think I may be waiting a while to get them back.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    WalkinDudeWalkinDude Posts: 82 ✭✭✭

I am still waiting on a review bulk order from August 13, 2019. It might be a while. I'm on business day 170!

Patrick

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WalkinDude said:
    I am still waiting on a review bulk order from August 13, 2019. It might be a while. I'm on business day 170!

Pat,

I think you have set a new record!! You deserve a free order or at least an extra 10 or 2.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options

@olb31 said:

@WalkinDude said:

Pat,

I think you have set a new record!! You deserve a free order or at least an extra 10 or 2.

I will be asking for at least a voucher. It’s been tough waiting all this time.

Patrick

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

They should put bulk in order of received and do them first in, first out. That's what's fair. Obviously not what's happening. Be transparent. GIve you a number in the que.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭

@WalkinDude said:

@olb31 said:

@WalkinDude said:

Pat,

Have you called them? There is something wrong I would think?

Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WalkinDude said:

@olb31 said:

@WalkinDude said:

Pat,

I had a bulk 100 card order received April 28, 2019, Logged May 21, 2019, that eventually popped on February 12, 2020. I thought that one would stand as the longest wait, but sounds like you have quite a contender! Good luck!

• Options

@jackstraw said:

@WalkinDude said:

@olb31 said:

@WalkinDude said:

Pat,

@jackstraw said:

@WalkinDude said:

@olb31 said:

@WalkinDude said:

Pat,

@jackstraw said:

@WalkinDude said:

@olb31 said:

@WalkinDude said:

Pat,

I have called them several times. My cards made it to assembly the day they closed and have sat there ever since.

Patrick

• Options

@orioles93 said:
    I subbed a 19 card reholder sub at the Philly Show on March 10. I think I may be waiting a while to get them back.

Average on re-holder is 55 business right now ( figure 3-4 months calendar) so I'll guess late June . They are taking re-holder subs as I was able to enter it this past weekend.

Floated off a 10 card supersize economy service and a re-holder in same box.
    Fingers crossed they be back when economy starts humming again B)

Got another regular economy sized planned and 10 more supersize at least
    Gotta watch the spending wife's all worried :o