Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Cursed submission

All that I can say is that this submission must be cursed. Sent to PSA in June of 2019...logged in on 7/11/2019...was in QA2 status for over 2 weeks before the shutdown. I am betting the 4th of July will come faster than these tickets. I fully understand the delay now but before I just don't get it. I have never had tickets take this long before.

Packers Fan for Life
Collecting:
Brett Favre Master Set
Favre Ticket Stubs
Favre TD Reciever Autos
Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
Football HOF Rc's

Comments

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

PSA is completely closed now so all submissions are on hold till they reopen again.

In my experience, QA2 is one of the longer stages as it is the last before shipping.

I'd expect PSA to remain closed through May at least, but hopefully things improve sooner. It's still pretty bad out there right now.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

I thought PSA was closed...maybe they saw the post and decided to release the grades early...

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dagnabbit, I thought I could avoid checking daily during the shutdown.

I wasn't checking but got an email and nearly fell over...

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

I had a submission pop as well. Kudos to your July submission coming through. :) I've never submitted tickets.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, they're really still open? Or working from home perhaps?

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coolstanley said:
    So, they're really still open? Or working from home perhaps?

Guaranteed they’re not grading from home. I see no way Sloan and CO would let them take our cards and tickets to their houses lol

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• olb31olb31 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

They probably have a few employees coming in each day and knocking out some submissions. Maybe not at full steam, but knocking out a few orders each day. I was going to suggest that they stay closed an extra time even when Cal opens up so they could get caught up a bit. I think they are already doing that. I commend them for there diligence.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately my bulk order logged in January hasn't passed Research and ID stage yet. I hadn't checked it since the shutdown. I was hoping there would be some movement after seeing this post. My guess is they have a few people trying to clear what's already been graded. I'd be surprised if they're actively grading orders that weren't graded before the shutdown.

• olb31olb31 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gemint said:
    Unfortunately my bulk order logged in January hasn't passed Research and ID stage yet. I hadn't checked it since the shutdown. I was hoping there would be some movement after seeing this post. My guess is they have a few people trying to clear what's already been graded. I'd be surprised if they're actively grading orders that weren't graded before the shutdown.

The ID person above had his submission finished. Maybe they are hammering out a few here and there.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • empigtvempigtv Posts: 58 ✭✭

My 344 card order has been sitting at Q2 since the day before PSA shut down the first time. The anticipation is killing me. If anyone at PSA is reading this, feel free to post grades and charge me. I could care less about shipping right now, but I would love to see some grades as a quarantine pick me up!

• bobmoatbobmoat Posts: 257 ✭✭

They are not having people secretly go to work in contravention of California state law in order to grade cards

@bobmoat said:
    They are not having people secretly go to work in contravention of California state law in order to grade cards

Perhaps not, but I'm sure some things like processing payments releasing grades can be done remotely.

I don't think anyone is going in. I would guess they just released the grades that were in the system.

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's

They must have read my post. My order just went to the grading stage. LOL. Maybe they do have a skeleton crew working. I understand that. PSA grading is considered a vital service! :)

@gemint said:
    They must have read my post. My order just went to the grading stage. LOL. Maybe they do have a skeleton crew working. I understand that. PSA grading is considered a vital service! :)

That’s awesome! My order actually moved super fast until the shutdown. Praying for the message board bump!

• mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

What ticket grades did you receive?

PackManInNC
  • smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

Just checked and my review sub moved from grading to QA2 today.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

@olb31 said:

@gemint said:

The ID person above had his submission finished. Maybe they are hammering out a few here and there.

I had one order complete and ship the day they announced the first closure. I still have not received this and I've been receiving daily texts from fedex on redelivery dates (it has bounced from being delivered from 4/2 thru 4/21). Today's text says by 4/14. My 2nd order (from Dec) shipped last week when it popped and the latest delivery notificationtoday says 4/9. I've tried to have fedex redirect the delivery to my house, but they say the 'sender' must change this since it's a signature confirmation. Fingers crossed I get it 4/9. I'll be going to the office to be "there" when the fedex delivery arrives.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

missing a few but I think you get the picture

@mexpo75 said:
    What ticket grades did you receive?

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    Dagnabbit, I thought I could avoid checking daily during the shutdown.

JajajaJa

Anyone else have grades pop in the last few days? I’m now checking obsessively hoping to make it out of Q2 during the shut down. So close to grades.

• ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    edited April 8, 2020 9:47PM

I thought all alone that they would have a few of their best graders and other key people working if they were smart. Maybe they can make a dent in the backlog. Kudos to them for seizing an opportuntity.

• dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

@bobmoat said:

then explain why a bulk order popped the other day in my group sub. if they have a small, skeleton crew working to catch up then kudos. I know they aren't accepting new orders, or at least they will get packages, but not log them. it would be prudent to use this time to catch up.

@bobmoat said:

You sure about that? lol

Ignore list -Basebal21

• mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing!

PackManInNC
  • krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

Well, it had 666 views before I looked at it just now.....

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

it wouldn't be prudent because it's illegal activity by a publicly traded company, that's transparently so given that you all can see your orders move

edited April 9, 2020 9:11AM

some people here don't seem to grasp the concept of liability

• nebishnebish Posts: 45 ✭✭✭

I received a reholder submission back yesterday (I submitted it in January).

This is after I saw they closed and assumed I wouldn't get it back until they reopened. But I got an email Monday 4/6 that it shipped. So somebody must be there working.

Grades are in!!!!!!!!! Thank you PSA! Awesome quarantine surprise. Lots of hits, and a few misses, but very, very happy overall. Can’t wait to send in the next batch when things get back to normal. Keep the faith folks. They are working!

Glad you got your grades and good results empigtv.

My sub just moved from grading to assembly. Went from research and ID to assembly since the start of the week. Very promising!

• dad2cl3dad2cl3 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭

Dang nice! Congrats to those getting surprises! I have two subs sitting in R&I so haven’t bothered to check.

Jason

edited April 10, 2020 4:50AM

I wonder if they are still answering phone calls?

Ignore list -Basebal21

@mexpo75 said:
    Thanks for sharing!

I figured you would appreciate the content. I was surprised to see that PSA won't put Packers vs Bears ticket set on the registry.

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's