Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Dealers and COVID

AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now that there are no shows, and for a while stores are off limit due to the quarantine... Can dealers without web presence survive?

Comments

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Abuelo said:
    Now that there are no shows, and for a while stores are off limit due to the quarantine... Can dealers without web presence survive?

I sure hope so!

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe this will serve as a wake up call for some.

• Options
    Moxie15Moxie15 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

a wake up call? perhaps but I have not met 'The Walking Dude' yet.

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,877 ✭✭✭✭✭

All dealers can’t operate in the retail space, and retail dealers I think need the guys behind the scenes to bring great coins to market. My uninformed opinion is that the people with the connections to find fresh coins will be the best positioned, not necessarily the people with the best retail presence.

• Options
    AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting @Boosibri but even if you get the coins to the collectors if you do not have an on line presence?

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,877 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Abuelo said:
    Interesting @Boosibri but even if you get the coins to the collectors if you do not have an on line presence?

Fresh coins need to find their way to the online dealers who need them from the people with the connections to acquire them. Sometimes they are one and the same person, sometimes not.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭✭✭

My lcs guy was doing a weekly email sales flier long before the virus. He build an online store from that point forward. Don't know how sales have been though. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall