Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Who are the toughest ABA/NBA autographs?

I've seen some individual posts about the difficulty of obtaining autographs from particular players but would love to hear the thoughts and experience of others.

I have had a a tough time tracking down certain guys for my 86 Fleer Set (Lewis Lloyd, Steve Johnson and kiki vandeweghe to name a few). Obviously Kiki has other signed issues.

I was curious about Len Bias and some of the other guys who left us too soon.

Thanks
Cs

Comments

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

Did Len Bias ever get an RC? Pretty sure not, but his passing definitely kept me off drugs for a few more years.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only card I can find of Bias is a team card in the 1992 ACC Champs set. No way there should be any Len signed copies of that one.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually went on a thorough search a couple of years ago for a Len Bias card, and LarkinCollector is right, the only card in existence to feature Len Bias is the 1992 ACC champs set card.

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know basketball all that well, b ut I was trying to find old Sonics autos and discovered this one.

John Brisker is tough. He disappeared while in Uganda in 1978 and is presumed dead. Interesting story for those that like the back stories of tough autos like I do.

https://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Former-Sonic-forever-shrouded-in-mystery-1148494.php

Pete Cross is another early Sonic that is not easy. He died in 1977 at age 28.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=7XVfAAAAIBAJ&sjid=di8MAAAAIBAJ&pg=3109,782982&dq=pete+cross+seizure&hl=en

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

Among the stars in the 86 Fleer set:

Jordan--no longer signs the 86 Fleer Card
    Barkley--very tough
    Ewing--very tough
    Karl Malone--very tough

John Stockston is extremely tough but isn't in the 86 Fleer Set.

• Options
    Cs223406Cs223406 Posts: 142 ✭✭✭✭

I find there are many copies of Barkley and Ewing, although quality remains an issue; less of Malone.

Will Jordan not even sign the card if you are a UD dealer? I've also heard he has stopped signing completely but that was unconfirmed.

Tough guys for that set particularly: Kiki V, Steve Johnson, Derek Smith, Orlando Woolridge, Lewis Lloyd, Kevin Willis I don't see often, Dennis Johnson, Dan Roundfield, World Free, Cliff Robinson, Andrew Toney, Gus Williams to name a few.

Stockton does so much Panini stuff now its crazy.

The John Brisker stuff is quite interesting.