Home Autographs Forum

Help Identifying Please!

Hello All,

I found this autograph in with the baseball cards/memorabilia I collected as a kid in the 90s. Fairly certain I got this one in person, wish the stationery had a city. Thinking likely a baseball player active in the 80s or 90s.

I compared online and does appear to be a match for Barry Sanders, Barry Bonds, etc....

Appreciate any ideas!

Comments

• Minor break in the case.. I opened up the frame and found another sheet still attached by the spine, has to be the same signer but can't believe how different it is from the first one.

Still appreciate your looks and best guesses

• Alltheabove76Alltheabove76 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

cant believe how different? Are you joking?

• I agree.. no joke. Big difference is the first letter of first and last name, guy got lazy pretty quick

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭

Darryl Strawberry

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Halos2002Halos2002 Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

Agreed its Darryl Strawberry...

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a great item. Looks like DS was staying at that hotel and signed a pad of paper in the room to hand out to the autograph collectors in the lobby.

• THANK YOU! I'm certain I met him and got this autograph myself, maybe I asked for a second one for my dad or brother. Appreciate the help.

Looking at an array of his autographs on google images.. unbelievable differentiation among them. I guess the guy was no stranger to altered states--different substance different signature?

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll bet he didn't even know he was giving you two, if they were still attached.

He probably just sat down and signed a notepad in the hotel room and then handed them out when he passed through the lobby. Good for him for doing that,

Only the D is really different - maybe he was tired by the time he got to the bottom of the pad. :p