Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Comments

• It's a 1985d Lincoln cent but its polished silver colored and it magnetic

• TitusFlaviusTitusFlavius Posts: 317 ✭✭✭

From the pictures, the surfaces don't look like original mint surfaces, so I would suspect some kind of plating with a magnetic metal. The weight would be significant factor. If a little over 2.5 grams, it's most likely a genuine normal 1985 D cent that has been privately plated. To be worth more than 1 cent, it would have to be an actual mint error, and authenticated as such either by a third party grading service, or a recognized expert in mint errors. I'd say the odds aren't in your favor, but checking the weight would be the next step before deciding to investigate further.

"Render therfore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's." Matthew 22: 21
  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks replated to me too. The hunt continues. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

Replated.

• tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

We don't do shinny metal disks on this forum :)

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

Plated. No collector premium.

All glory is fleeting.