Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

I'm either seeing things... or RCM had an unfortunate design choice...

Or a poor photographer in their marketing department who chose this photo angle of their new (double!) concave 10 oz silver round. Here's a link to the store page - seems to be a hot item

Comments

• bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea. Probably could have thought that one through a bit longer.

• BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Royal Canadian Mint is the Home of Unfortunate Design Choice!

• sylsyl Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

And it's only $100 an Oz for the silver ($75 US)

• Senator32Senator32 Posts: 406 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow...not just you....first thing I saw lol.

• ajaanajaan Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the humping wolf coin.

Yes, someone had to say it.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • YQQYQQ Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

@syl said:
    And it's only $100 an Oz for the silver ($75 US)

Bill, I like your Humor on this one.
    as usual ONLY the RCM will make $$$$$

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Adult activities aside, those are not attractive renditions of wolves...those mugs, hmmm.

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not even spring yet.
    Think!
    Maybe he or she did think it out.
    Plausable.

• Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL, I don't care who you are... thats funny right there

• giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

Huh. Maybe the designer was working on Hump Day.

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2, 2020 7:19AM

@giorgio11 said:
    Huh. Maybe the designer was working on Hump Day.

Haha

• ZoharZohar Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is really a sad thing when knowledgeable (?) folks know absolutely nothing about where the "junk" on an animal actually is. Perhaps watching a few of the nature shows on TV would help out.

My only argument about the design is that one wolf's face looks like a monkey and the other is similar to a rabbit.

• sylsyl Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

Many of the RCM offering are displayed up here in small display cabinets at all the post offices. I think that they are bait for Grandma Ethel to look/see and exclaim to the husband (Henry), also waiting in line "Oh, wouldn't little Bobby just love that for his birthday/Xmas .. and boom! another worthless trash is sold.

• StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:
    It is really a sad thing when knowledgeable (?) folks know absolutely nothing about where the "junk" on an animal actually is. Perhaps watching a few of the nature shows on TV would help out.

My only argument about the design is that one wolf's face looks like a monkey and the other is similar to a rabbit.

Totally agree that about the mugs on the wolves.

The junk location aspect, while is not precise, is somewhat evocative and perhaps more a shadow effect of the forelegs looking like one leg initially (so a 'straddling' pose). The hind legs not so much, but by then our minds have had the thought cross it, so it looks more 'like it' than it really is.

Not nearly as bad as the Santa/Reindeer from the old Pepsi can. It wasn't REALLY what it was, but once suggested it could not be unseen.

• SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will they sell a mounted display for this piece?

Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reminds me of the billboard on the highway entering the town of Schitt's Creek....

Successful BST transactions with 171 members. Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • KirtKirt Posts: 13

Zombie wolves.

Their eyes are way more disturbing than any amorous intent that people may ascribe.

• WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why does the top wolf have the face of a sheep?

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television