Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

[CLOSED] "Win LordM's Loot" Giveaway #5

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Win LordM's Loot" Giveaway #5

Deadline for entries: Midnight Eastern US time, Saturday, February 29, 2020.

*** THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED ***

This will be a random drawing at the end of the month, using the random.org True Random Number Generator.

Winner will get his or her choice of one item from my "Pick Bin & Giveaway Goodies" page. (Give that link a moment or two to load.)

To enter:

(1) Please include the words "entry post" in your initial post to this thread - and only your first post. You may reply to this thread as many times as you like, but if you put the phrase "entry post" into more than one reply, you will disqualify yourself.

(2) In addition to the words "entry post", post something else that is coin-related in some way- whatever you like.

(3) Please view the list of prizes and specify your first, second, and third choices, in order of preference.

You may edit your three prize picks at any time, but only one entry post per member, and one prize.

The fine print: There are no strings attached, and I pay shipping- worldwide- but if international shipping ever proves too costly on an item (or if all three of your prize picks are gone at the time of the drawing), I reserve the right to offer you a different prize or a PayPal gift instead.

The prizes are drawn from my pick bin sales list. Ignore any pricetags you see. The list is subject to change throughout the month. Items are subject to prior sale or trade. But new items might also be added.

This is why I want you to list first, second, and third choices. You can always change your final pick at the end, but it helps me to know your preferences beforehand.

Good luck! :)

For some idea of how these work, here is a previous contest.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post

• Maserati27Maserati27 Posts: 121 ✭✭✭

“Entry post”

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2020 3:21AM

@JimTyler
    @Maserati27

Don't forget Rule 3, y'all! ;)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

@Maserati27 - I do love a nice type set album!

• zippcityzippcity Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭

Entry post Franklin Half- Balboa half- Columbian half. Thank You LordM

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry Post

edited February 12, 2020 6:18AM

@lordmarcovan said:
    @Maserati27 - I do love a nice type set album!

The only thing I don’t like about that One in particular I posted. Is that, the coins shift & don’t stay in place like Littleton albums and so forth. But it is more slim than most.

• Entry Post

I wish Dansco would make albums that held slabbed coins!

1st Choice: United States: silver Seated Liberty dime, 1853, arrows at date
    2nd Choice: United States: silver Seated Liberty half dime, 1857
    3rd Choice: United States: silver Seated Liberty quarter, 1891

OG
  • bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

entry post

First Second Third

Ken
  • MASSU2MASSU2 Posts: 253 ✭✭✭✭

Entry post

1st: 1852 Braided Hair Large Cent
    2nd: 1853 Seated Liberty Dime with Arrows
    3rd: 1954-S Franklin Half ANACS MS64

Thanks!

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2020 10:57AM

entry post:

Not mine, but I want it!

Frank

BHNC #203

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2020 6:24PM

"entry post" Thanks Rob

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

@Treashunt said:
    entry post:

Not mine, but I want it!

I want one, too.

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2020 5:00PM

ENTRY POST...Not mine but coin related...thanks for the giveaway LordM

• MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭

Entry Post. Something my brother got at his local bank.

Being I don't have anything close to being this old, I would choose:

1. Phoenicia (Arados): bronze Æ17, turreted head of Tyche/Athena on ship's prow, ca. 240-237 BC

2. Seleucid Empire: bronze Æ13 of Antiochus IV Epiphanes; radiate bust/Hera standing; struck at Ake-Ptolemais ca. 175-164 BC

3. Nabatean Kingdom:bronze Æ15 of Aretas IV & Shuqailat; twin busts/crossed cornucopias, struck at Petra ca. 9 BC-40 AD

Thanks for the chance.

• US_SilverStacker_YTUS_SilverStacker_YT Posts: 7
    edited February 22, 2020 1:09PM

Entry Post

Sorry, I don't know how to add photos. In my free time I love to coin roll hunt pennies and nickels.

• Entry Post

I enjoy all half dollars. Accented here.

1- 1954 Half Dollar ANACS MS64
    2- 1893 Half Dollar Columbian
    3- 3 Piece Set of Elongated Coins

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

entry post
    Love me some shiny quarters
    Pics in rank order 1-3

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• ffcoinsffcoins Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Entry post

1) silver proof Washington 1962
    2) silver washington 1956
    3) silver proof washington 1964

• DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

Entry Post

LordM, thank you for doing this giveaway and generating some fun along the way.

I remember when those Big Mac coins came out that are being displayed above. I almost got the whole collection except for the 00's Technology. I have three extra 90's Abstract Art.... I never knew they can be graded. I kept all my coins in the original mint packaging.

Tops Choices from the Bin:
    1. German States (Frankfurt am Main): silver kreuzer, 1863, Uncirculated
    2. Austria: silver Maria Theresia thaler, "1780" (modern Austrian mint restrike), Gem BU
    3. United States: silver Franklin half dollar, 1954-S, ANACS MS64

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee

@US_SilverStacker_YT said:
    Entry Post

Sorry, I don't know how to add photos. In my free time I love to coin roll hunt pennies and nickels.

You don't have to add photos. Just list your top three prize picks in order of preference.

(Some folks here just chose to do that by posting pictures, is all.)

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lordmarcovan said:

@Treashunt said:
    entry post:

Not mine, but I want it!

I want one, too.

I forgot to post choices, but the list isn't showing.
    I'll try later

Frank

BHNC #203

@Treashunt said:

@lordmarcovan said:

@Treashunt said:
    entry post:

Not mine, but I want it!

I want one, too.

I forgot to post choices, but the list isn't showing.
    I'll try later

You have to click the link. It does happen to be on a very slow-loading site. Click the link and give it a few seconds to load. Try refreshing the page.

• CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry Post:

Thank you for the chance lordmarcovan. You are a very generous person!

My three choices are shown below, in order of preference:

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post

Thank you!

54-S Franklin
    Panama
    Your choice

• OKCCOKCC Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Entry Post:

1. 1780 Austrian Silver Thaler
    2. 1954-S Franklin Half
    3. 1860 Indian Cent
  • Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭

Entry post

Mother Theresa restrike
    1853 arrows dime
    1893 Columbian Half

Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • MjwagsMjwags Posts: 105 ✭✭✭

entry post

A couple was having a discussion about family finances.
    Finally the husband exploded, "If it weren't for my money, the house wouldn't be here!" The wife replied, "My dear, if it weren't for your money I wouldn't be here."

Confederate States of America: fractional currency note, 75 cents, Richmond, Virginia, April 14th, 1862, uniface printing
    United States: silver clad Washington quarter, 1976-S, Bicentennial type, ANACS PF69 CAM
    United States: silver Franklin half dollar, 1954-S, ANACS MS64

Thanks

• Entry Post. I am brand new to this site and am very excited to have other people to interact with who share my passion about collecting coins. I do try and find coins searching rolled coins, not only for some that are of value, but also because I find some that just look so interesting that they make me wonder where they have been and what has happened to them since they have been circulating. They aren't worth anything but face value according to charts I use to see what coins are worth, but I keep them because of their distinct markings, tone, and many times because they are in such good condition considering the fact that they are so old. I currently don't have any coins that have been graded or slabbed so this would be the crown jewels of my collection. Thank you for your kindness and encouragement to help people who have developed the same passion for coins that you do.
    First Choice: U.S. Silver Franklin Half Dollar 1954S, ANACS MS64
    Second Choice: U.S. Silver Clad Washington Quarter 1976S Bicentennial Type ANACS PF69 CAM
    Third Choice U.S. Silver Washington Quarter 1956 ANACS MS65

• WhippersnapperWhippersnapper Posts: 113 ✭✭
    edited February 20, 2020 2:49PM

Entry post

These are my Taiwan turn of the century coins.

1 Roman empire bronz antoninianus of diocletion, Jupiter reverse 288-289

2 China: cast bronze cash coin, Tang Dynasty, Anonymous Late Type, ca. 732-907 AD

1. India (Bengal, Malwa Sultanate): copper falus of Mahmud Shah II, AH 930 (1524 AD)
      Here is a 4 since 1 of my requests said on hold.
      4 British west Africa copper nickel
  • DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

Entry post

I do like dimes. And the seated series.

Just been going through my collection this winter doing some streamlining and refocusing after a 10 year or so break.

• bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ewpfaffly Welcome!! Glad you are here too @Whippersnapper as a poster!

Ken
  • "entry post"

My first delve into numismatics, a Henning Nickel
    choices
    1. Confederate States of America: fractional currency note, 75 cents, Richmond, Virginia, April 14th, 1862, uniface printing.

1. United States: copper-nickel Indian Head cent, 1860, Type 2 (Rounded Bust variety), ANACS VG8
    2. United States: bronze Lincoln Wheat cent, 1945, mint error (straight-clipped planchet at 2:00), ANACS MS63 RB (toned)

Thanks LordM

• Entry Post

1. Canada Sesquicentennial 2017
    2. 1954-S Franklin Half
    3. 1962 U.S. Proof Washington Quarter

@dorkbar said:
    Entry post -- Thanks, LordM!

Q. Why did Buddha start pulling coins out of his ears?
    A. Because change comes from within.

1) Canada (Victoria Numismatic Society, British Columbia): large copper proof medal
    2) German States (Frankfurt am Main): silver kreuzer, 1863, Uncirculated
    3) United States: silver Franklin half dollar, 1954-S, ANACS MS64

And the random number generator hath smiled upon...

@dorkbar!

@dorkbar, you have won, and it looks like you have a Canadian medal comin' your way (unless you change your mind and opt for something different). Just shoot me a PM. Congrats!

Nice choice, BTW. Only 100 of these medals were produced, and 50 of them were in sets, so this is presumably one of only 50 singles out there. I sent it off to PCGS, but they did not consider it an eligible type. (Had it slabbed, I would have put it in my collection.)

• dorkbardorkbar Posts: 425 ✭✭✭

Whoo hoo! Thanks for the very nice giveaway, LordM! Can't wait to see the medal.

• Congrats