Home Sports Talk
Options

Would you fly on a Boeing 737 Max ?

hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Once they're deemed airworthy.

Remember 2 planes crashed recently.

Would you fly on a Boeing 737 Max ?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Perhaps those who voted yes don't realize the onboard computer has serious issues. Once the program takes over and the pilots are unable to unlock it's directive to the aircraft flight surfaces...as in locked in a downward position...which appears to be the main cause of these accidents they'd give it a second thought. It is also my understanding that not the most "proficient" programmers wrote the software.
    Having heard more than my fair share of actual inflight disasters, when the pilot knew he was going to crash and die, those aboard these ill-fated aircraft died a death more horrible than one could possibly imagine. They knew for a period of time that they were going to die, it wasn't instant.

A more in-depth analysis of facts are required here to more valid opinion, other than, "yup, I'd go".

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

American pilots were trained to be able to correct from these computer issues, foreign pilots, not so much. There's a reason the crashes occurred where they did, trained pilots knew how to unlock/disable the malfunction. There's no way the software issues are still there when the FAA recertifies the MAX. I stand by my researched "Yes" vote and would recommend not assuming.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Hopefully I will never have to fly anything ever again.

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    No

I quit flying in the 80s and hope never having to fly again.

Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)