Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I get it now, why some people comment on almost every thread.

124»

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coin

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@Hemispherical said:

@Texast said:

@Hemispherical said:
    Thread still here... and only one bammed?

I didn't see that, Who got bammed?

Scroll up, time stamp on the last message was about: January 27, 2020 11:20AM in this thread; but may have been something somewhere else.

I think it might have been due to comments on the Kobe Bryant thread...

Probably one of the reasons why the Forum rules were updated and being bammed anywhere in CU is applicable to anywhere else in CU.

• Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@Hemispherical said:

@Texast said:

@Hemispherical said:
    Thread still here... and only one bammed?

I didn't see that, Who got bammed?

Scroll up, time stamp on the last message was about: January 27, 2020 11:20AM in this thread; but may have been something somewhere else.

I think it might have been due to comments on the Kobe Bryant thread...

Wow, 151 and climbing...

I noticed that thread is completely gone so it may be best to say no more on my part.

I'm glad to see this still going, I was reading a thread from early last decade when you mentioned this, it was a bad one where half a dozen users got bammed because of it.

Interesting....

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2020 11:36PM

@Hemispherical said:
    Might have been moved to the Sports Forum... there is an on-going discussion over there... but since we are in the US Coin forum.

The Mars rover, Curiosity, uses the VDB cent for camera calibration.

https://www.space.com/17647-mars-rover-curiosity-lincoln-penny.html

Ya I read the updated rules, I have to believe it was related to that subject, it could have addressed a couple of threads including this one.

I did everything I could to keep it friendly and checked my mailbox and didn't see anything so I guess I'm okay for now.
    🥴

Random Coin picture I took...
    I enjoy getting coins like this back from PCGS...it makes my day (I got this back years ago when I sent a bunch in)

Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Texast . That is a great looking Franklin. Did it get the cameo designation? Not that it matters too much, just curious.
    What part of Texas are you in? I'm in Spring.

• Options
    edited January 28, 2020 10:29AM

@CoinscratchFever said:
    @Texast . That is a great looking Franklin. Did it get the cameo designation? Not that it matters too much, just curious.

Yes it did, I was not sure because of how frosting on the reverse was stronger around the lettering making the device's look lighter. It was adequate everywhere just super on the eagle and lettering. (PR68)

I'm down in Freeport, do you sell on eBay? I bought a Morgan from Spring about 3 weeks ago.

• Options

@Insider2 said:
    Probably, because points, badges, emojis, etc. don't matter to "coinheads."

Ok, but 'stars'...wow, all in

• Options
    edited January 28, 2020 1:51PM

Well it looks like the thread has run it's course, it has been interesting. I want to thank everyone who participated.

It not a coin, it's a nice medal that I have two of, I only need one, I would rather have one of the Morgan or ASE overstrikes though. How about a trade @dcarr ? Anyone?

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Texast said:
    Well it looks like the thread has run it's course, it has been interesting. I want to thank everyone who participated.

It not a coin, it's a nice medal that I have two of, I only need one, I would rather have one of the Morgan or ASE overstrikes though. How about a trade @dcarr ? Anyone?

What was this medal issued for? When did you get it?

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Texast said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

Yes it did, I was not sure because of how frosting on the reverse was stronger around the lettering making the device's look lighter. It was adequate everywhere just super on the eagle and lettering. (PR68)

I'm down in Freeport, do you sell on eBay? I bought a Morgan from Spring about 3 weeks ago.

Yes, but I haven't sold anything recently. Freeport, brings back some good childhood memories, my dad used to take me and my two brothers offshore fishing there. I remember our '24 boat buzzing past all the '50 footers in the intracoastal canal but, once we got outside the jetties they would cruise right past breaking the waves as we were tossed around like a cheap salad.
    We would go 40 to 50 miles off while they I'm sure went all the way to the continental shelf.

• Options
    edited January 28, 2020 2:43PM

@Insider2 said:

@Texast said:

I got it from @dcarr - Moonlight Mint It is the 2006 Denver Mint Centennial Commemorative. I have no idea how much it's worth. I think it was a 50 or 100 limit issue.

At the time of release it got big coverage from Coin World and other publications. I'm not sure if it was the Proof or Satin finish. Dan would be able to tell. Dan if you are available would tell me which it is please.

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

/gratuitous comment

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

@Texast said:

@Insider2 said:

@Texast said:

I got it from @dcarr - Moonlight Mint It is the 2006 Denver Mint Centennial Commemorative. I have no idea how much it's worth. I think it was a 50 or 100 limit issue.

At the time of release it got big coverage from Coin World and other publications. I'm not sure if it was the Proof or Satin finish. Dan would be able to tell. Dan if you are available would tell me which it is please.

IMO, IT IS A KEEPER. I would only let it go for one of Mr.Carr's gold issues. >:)

• Options

@Insider2 said:

@Texast said:

@Insider2 said:

@Texast said:

IMO, IT IS A KEEPER. I would only let it go for one of Mr.Carr's gold issues. >:)

It may be. I wish there were some kind of list that showed values for items Dan has produced. Some very nice pieces, this is one of his best as far as details. It would have been a great piece for the U.S. Mint to have produced from his design.

• Options

@Texast said:

@Insider2 said:

@Texast said:

@Insider2 said:

@Texast said:

It may be. I wish there were some kind of list that showed values for items Dan has produced. Some very nice pieces, this is one of his best as far as details. It would have been a great piece for the U.S. Mint to have produced from his design.

If allowed...put it on the sale site "best offer." LOL, then don't sell it when you find out what it is worth. B)>:)

I'll bet it goes for over $100!

• Options

PS Get ready for all the PM's. Silent auction.

• Options

@Texast said: "...I wish there were some kind of list that showed values for items Dan has produced. Some very nice pieces, this is one of his best as far as details. It would have been a great piece for the U.S. Mint to have produced from his design."

Thanks for posting your medal. Apparently, they go for a little less than $100. I just bought one. <3

• Options

@Insider2 said:
    @Texast said: "...I wish there were some kind of list that showed values for items Dan has produced. Some very nice pieces, this is one of his best as far as details. It would have been a great piece for the U.S. Mint to have produced from his design."

Thanks for posting your medal. Apparently, they go for a little less than $100. I just bought one. <3

Where did you get it?

• Options
    edited January 28, 2020 5:20PM

@Insider2

You have a problem, the token you bought, the pictures must have been ripped from someone. He had pictures of TWO DIFERENT Tokens.

One is the Satin Finish and the other is the proof!

The way you tell is to look at the bars, on one there is two crossbars, one top one bottom, on the other there is a top bar then what looks like the block wall at the bottom making it a window instead of a door! looking device.

One has an issue of 50 and the other was either 100 or 200, I'm not sure which has which. You may want to contact the dealer and check out moonlight mints web page..

Bet your glad I looked at that...

Also, it appears it is Silver, which is good, it should be worth more, mine are Brass, or are mine GOLD, I know he had a mix up with some planchets or something, now I'm really confused...🥴

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can’t believe I read this 4 page thread. Do I get points for being a masochist?

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options

@Texast said:
    @Insider2

You have a problem, the token you bought, the pictures must have been ripped from someone. He had pictures of TWO DIFERENT Tokens.

The way you tell is to look at the bars, on one there is two crossbars, one top one bottom, on the other there is a top bar then what looks like the block wall at the bottom making it a window instead of a door! looking device.

One has an issue of 50 and the other was either 100 or 200, I'm not sure which has which. You may want to contact the dealer and check out moonlight mints web page..

Also, it appears it is Silver, which is good, it should be worth more, mine are Brass, or are mine GOLD, I know he had a mix up with some planchets or something, now I'm really confused...🥴

I sure do. I make spelyng mistakes. Thanks for the mintage figures. I bought the graded example I wanted. Thanks for posting yours <3 as I had no idea they even existed. Goodnight my friend.

• Options
    edited January 28, 2020 6:23PM

@Insider2 said:

@Texast said:
    @Insider2

I sure do. I make spelyng mistakes. Thanks for the mintage figures. I bought the graded example I wanted. Thanks for posting yours <3 as I had no idea they even existed. Goodnight my friend.

Ok, the Silver Proof Like has an issue of 150, the Window pane on the window side is polished, on the Silver Satin Finish the window pane is Satin, it has an issue of 50

There are some slight difference as the PL had TWO issuances, First issue of 100 has satin-finish tympanum background.
    The second issue of 50 has slightly polished tympanum background.
    The difference between the two is very subtle. (Tympanum is the background below the top of the Arch above the window.)

The Brass Proof-like had 200 produced.
    🥴😦😳😬🥺😶🤥

• Options

@Catbert said:
    Can’t believe I read this 4 page thread. Do I get points for being a masochist?

Haha. A sneetch sized star, firebranded to chest, to purr through Mr. Denton. Ditto!

• Options

@toyz4geo said:
    Well

There's always one who just has to do it....😄

• Options
    MrSliderMrSlider Posts: 142 ✭✭✭

@Texast said:

@MrSlider said:

Just cause

Awesome, what is the grade on this?

It's an NGC PF64. Nice clear strikes on the proofs. Low Mintage too, less than 5k.

https://tinyurl.com/wbuh7ba (Search PCGS on ebay)

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I know exactly to whom you are referring.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2020 5:08PM

@Yorkshireman said:
    I think I know exactly to whom you are referring.

So do I. Cheers. PerryO

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. We all know who they are!

• Options

Secrets, too, oooohhhh! Reel me in

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file