Home Sports Talk

Glick, Glick, Boom

LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if this is a timeout or permanent ban? Regardless, post a link to your favorite Coinstartled thread.

I'll start it off with a recent entry, so much potential for this one: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1031032/championship-word-game-for-my-sports-forum-friends

Comments

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was thinking more of this one, but that's a great one too ...
    https://youtu.be/YfjTZLxekig

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

it blows my mind there were 2 correct answers :D

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nominee for thread title of the year. 🤣

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

glick glick boom, now lemmie hear ya say wayo......WAYO!

https://youtu.be/8CYOh83f58o

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was it the Kobe comment?

Hope it's temporary!

@sparky64 said:
    Nominee for thread title of the year. 🤣

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    Was it the Kobe comment?

Hope it's temporary!

Probably the pre arrest interview he posted. Pretty raw.

@hammer1 said:

@thisistheshow said:
    Was it the Kobe comment?

Hope it's temporary!

I didn't read through the thread after the first 20 posts or so. Guess I missed it.

@thisistheshow said:

@hammer1 said:

@thisistheshow said:
    Was it the Kobe comment?

Hope it's temporary!

I didn't read through the thread after the first 20 posts or so. Guess I missed it.

Different thread that got poofed around the same time as the bamhammer.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

I Hope he is allowed back at some point, I liked his threads.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2020 7:01AM

I didn't see what was happening, but people do still have the right to their own opinions. This is a topic with strong emotions.

Hope he was at least warned before bammed. Hope he is allowed back soon.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

@JoeBanzai said:
    I didn't see what was happening, but people do still have the right to their own opinions. This is a topic with strong emotions.

I agree but tasteless comments are really not necessary and as your well aware we are all guests here.

@perkdog said:

@JoeBanzai said:

I agree but tasteless comments are really not necessary and as your well aware we are all guests here.

I didn't see the comment, but indeed we are guests here.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

Not on this forum they don't. This is not a democracy board, and the Moderator/Webmaster rule all. If they find a post(s) offensive in any way, they can bestow the red box upon you without question.

As for Coin...he should have kept his thoughts to himself and posted nothing...but, he chose to go a different route and invoke a very negative part of Kobe's past. Not only, that, he went on to post a narrative giving some in-depth writings about the event.

We should all remember, we are merely guests here, strangers in cyberspace that banter back and forth in our little playpen, most of which is allowed by the good graces of PSA. I'd be very, very cautious about posting anything that would cause a red flag to go up and the powers to be decide that in their opinion, they decide if the poster has crossed the Rubicon and therefore must be banned. Since my arrival in 2005, I've seen it time and time and time again. They own the delete button.

I doubt Coin will be back, just my opinion, but I think he really, really licked all the red off the candy this time.

Play nice or be toast.

Well, I didn't see the "tasteless comment", so I can't draw any conclusions.

Simply bringing up something that is public record shouldn't get you bammed, but as you say, and I agree, if the moderator/webmaster doesn't like what you post, it's "hasta la vista, baby".

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2020 8:44AM

let's face it guys, he was/is perhaps the most long-term alt who proved his divisiveness and taunted the mod's to ban him. in reality, as an alt he should have been long gone. I wish him well but I will not miss him. this has been a long time coming.

edited January 28, 2020 8:46AM

@JoeBanzai said:

Simply bringing up something that is public record shouldn't get you bammed, but as you say, and I agree, if the moderator/webmaster doesn't like what you post, it's "hasta la vista, baby".

Joe- I view a number of chat rooms. Some populated by posters that seem to have a knack for using unpleasantries you and I have never thought of, let alone uttered.

We must remember there are minors here. Plus PCGS has moral values to adhere to as a publicly traded company.

What he posted from the police report was as "obscene" as I have seen on the net.

Let’s not forget to Add that Todd has been the best Moderator since Carol, there have been a bunch of heated arguments and “OT” topics that he has let go on. It’s a pretty simple process abiding by pretty easy rules here, no Politics, Religion and being somewhat “Decent” when your trashing someone

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2020 9:49AM

@perkdog said:
    Let’s not forget to Add that Todd has been the best Moderator since Carol, there have been a bunch of heated arguments and “OT” topics that he has let go on. It’s a pretty simple process abiding by pretty easy rules here, no Politics, Religion and being somewhat “Decent” when your trashing someone.

I honestly expected him to go off on the New Orleans Saints-Catholic Church cover-up made public this past weekend and not a peep.

@hammer1 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

Joe- I view a number of chat rooms. Some populated by posters that seem to have a knack for using unpleasantries you and I have never thought of, let alone uttered.

We must remember there are minors here. Plus PCGS has moral values to adhere to as a publicly traded company.

What he posted from the police report was as "obscene" as I have seen on the net.

I think I might have seen that police report. If it's what I am thinking of, I would not have posted it, it was pretty graphic.

Todd does a great job, I am sure it often is not an easy one.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't explain why, but I actually miss CS! :oB)

@DIMEMAN said:
    I can't explain why, but I actually miss CS! :oB)

stockholm syndrome

CS is in Sweden?

@JoeBanzai said:
    CS is in Sweden?

yes.

Tucson, Sweden.

Thank you.

• TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

@keets said:
    let's face it guys, he was/is perhaps the most long-term alt who proved his divisiveness and taunted the mod's to ban him. in reality, as an alt he should have been long gone. I wish him well but I will not miss him. this has been a long time coming.

100% this. This wasn’t Glick’s first alt to get the bamhammer. One would think he’d learn his lesson and be a good boy, but that wasn’t in his nature. Many of us have been given a timeout, and even handed a pretty long rope upon our return. Glick was given an extremely long rope, but it wasn’t good enough for him. I’m glad he’s gone.

since nobody else has said as much, let me be the first --- Hello, Coinstartled!!! :p

you know he's lurking, he can't help himself............................. B)

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:
    Let’s not forget to Add that Todd has been the best Moderator since Carol, there have been a bunch of heated arguments and “OT” topics that he has let go on. It’s a pretty simple process abiding by pretty easy rules here, no Politics, Religion and being somewhat “Decent” when your trashing someone.

I honestly expected him to go off on the New Orleans Saints-Catholic Church cover-up made public this past weekend and not a peep.

I agree that we receive plenty of room to talk here, a bit off topic. I think that the boundaries that are in place somehow add to how good this place is. Almost like regular radio vs satellite. Or network tv vs cable. Without the ability to say anything, you have to be more creative and selective.

@keets said:
    since nobody else has said as much, let me be the first --- Hello, Coinstartled!!! :p

Pretty sure he already created then lost another account just hours after he got the boot yesterday:
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1031981/my-newp-tonight-is-scarce-as-well-as-rare#latest

Just seems common sense that you don't draw attention to yourself on one of your own threads soon after getting banned.

All I know is this forum will quickly be as dead as TC&M without CS.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

All I know is this forum will quickly be as dead as TC&M without CS.

i'm not going to allow this to happen. there will be superfluous activity in honor of glicker.

tomorrow there will be an in-depth discussion on who gets the most chicks -- Jason Garrett, Carson Wentz, Jerry Jones, or Jadeveon Clowney

on thurs there will be a poll -- "have you ever eaten your boogers?"

on fri we'll end the week with a contest (you read that right, stevek).............pretty straightforward, actually...........everyone will be required to pull their pants down in front of their significant other and the laughter that produces the lowest decibel level wins

and finally, on sunday a poll will surface just prior to the final kneel down in the super bowl -- "who's going to win the super bowl?"

lots to look forward to sans glick.....

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2020 6:16PM

Perhaps the gardening will finally get done now.

+1 for Todd doing a great job here as moderator, too.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

As Arnold (Terminator) said "I'll be back".

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

@erikthredd said:

@keets said:

Pretty sure he already created then lost another account just hours after he got the boot yesterday:
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1031981/my-newp-tonight-is-scarce-as-well-as-rare#latest

Just seems common sense that you don't draw attention to yourself on one of your own threads soon after getting banned.

thread is memory holed , did he forget and use the mighty mouse avatar ?

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@keets said:

thread is memory holed , did he forget and use the mighty mouse avatar ?

He created this account below which was quickly shutdown soon after.
    https://forums.collectors.com/profile/RippleInStillWater

How do you guys know this stuff????!?!????

Psychic powers as well as staying at a Holiday Inn last night.

The "Holiday Inn factor"!!!!!!!

the moderators probably are watching his IP address(') and deleting whenever he's on. to be honest, it points to a troubled mind that he finds whatever at this site and just can't leave when he's been shown the door.

edited January 29, 2020 7:26AM

@keets said:
    the moderators probably are watching his IP address(') and deleting whenever he's on. to be honest, it points to a troubled mind that he finds whatever at this site and just can't leave when he's been shown the door.

I don't agree that it points to a troubled mind. Maybe he just loves this place. I think we all do in our own ways.

Edit to add: Though we all probably have troubled minds in our own ways as well :D

@keets said:

That's so 1997. I could show up here with a different IP every 5 min.

visit the US Forum "Old School" thread and thank you for the compliment. :)

his original id is still unbanned I think he just forgot his password

@keets said:
    visit the US Forum "Old School" thread and thank you for the compliment. :)

Eh, 1997 is still newer than my Jeep and I'm one of the few others that still owns a rotary phone (with a vintage Mr Yuck sticker). It doesn't change the fact it's been trivial to spoof/proxy/VPN to hide origin IP for a couple decades now.

• streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

That guy lives his life on the internet & internet forums. Nothing nefarious. Just like an old geezer loner going to the park & feeding the pigeons & mumbling outload.
    His idea of fun is to have an internet chat. Whatever floats your boat.

Have a nice day
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

How can PCGS Mods not know about this?

@DIMEMAN said:

Um, it hasn't been active since you were still in your 50s?

@DIMEMAN said:

Sshhhhh dont say a word