Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Stamps

Any interest in United Nations Sheets / Singles / 1st Day Covers

I have a collection of many sheets, MNH singles and First Day Covers for sale. If anyone is interested, I can post pictures. Please let me know.
Thanks,
Robert

ebay seller name milbroco
email bcmiller7@comcast.net

Comments

• let me see what you have

• milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

Hi Marie89. I will post scans later tonight or tomorrow.
    Thanks,
    Robert

• still no scans ?

Sorry but I am trying to figure out how to get pictures from a camera.
    I think I have it now (with help from my son). So pictures tomorrow by the latest
    Sorry and thank s for your patience.
    Bob

OK Hopefully this works. There are about 784 First Day Covers. There are about 93 sheets of all different denominations. 93 sheets times 50 per is about 4,650 stamps.

edited October 26, 2018 6:02AM

i was thinking for both lots combined $250.00 shipped.
    Or
    If separately, the sheets at $186.00 shipped (about 0.04 per stamp and the 1st day covers, at $95.00 (about $0.12 each) plus exact shipping.

Thank you,
    Robert

• DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭

Are any of the unused stamps still legal tender, and just from/for U.N. correspondence? Just curious. A beautiful collection. I hope for your sake the bottom hasn't dropped out of the market like it has for U.S. stamps & FDC's. Could there be more than 12 cents value apiece for the FDC cachets with coins/medals? Those might be worth separating out. Good luck!

I don't know for sure but I believe that like US Stamps, they are still good legal tender and can be used for postage. But just for UN correspondence. I don't know what values I have for the cachets with coins/medals. I do know that I have a lot that I want to sell as one collection of FDC's and sheets as a separate collection. These were in a large collection that I purchased quite a while ago and finally got to getting them together for sale.
    Thanks,
    Robert

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

I troll Ebay for unused NY United Nations issues that I pay about 20% of face value for. I use them as postage on letters mailed from the UN in NYC.

HI JBK. If you are interested, I have $444.00 in face value in sheets and another $172.00 in partial sheets and blocks that you can have at 20% face. The total is $616.00 face value and at 20% it would be $123.20. Plus $3.00 towards shipping. I can provide a breakdown of denominations if needed. Please let me know if you are interested.
    Thank you,
    Robert

@milbroco sorry I just saw this today. Thx for the offer.

That is more than I have ever bought at one time but I would consider it. They must be 100% NY issues (no Vienna or Geneva). I would not need to know every single stamp's denomination but would need to have a rough idea of the breakdown. I would need to be able to come up with 50 cent groupings without having to put 10 stamps on the envelope.

Thx again.

OK I will get back to you probably Sunday. I am driving to Pittsburgh from Philadelphia after work today to take a tour of the University of Pittsburgh Saturday. Then drive back Saturday afternoon. A lot of driving! And yes, they all are NY as I have separated the others already.
    Thanks again,
    Robert

Sorry for the delay but here are the totals.
    The full sheets:
    31 cent x 200 stamps
    28 cent x 50
    26 cent x 50
    25 cent x 150
    20 cent x 250
    18 cent x 200
    15 cent x 350
    13 cent x 550
    11 cent x 250
    10 cent x 150
    9 cent x 50
    8 cent x 200
    6 cent x 250
    5 cent x 450
    4 cent x 150
    1 cent x 100

partial sheets / blocks:
    50 cent x 4 stamps
    31 cent x 111
    28 cent x 28
    26 cent x 33
    25 cent x 69
    20 cent x 38
    18 cent x 127
    17 cent x 5
    15 cent x 128
    13 cent x 229
    11 cent x 5
    10 cent x 36
    9 cent x 33
    8 cent x 88
    6 cent x 68
    5 cent x 10
    4 cent x 10
    3 cent x 70
    2 cent x 10
    1 cent x 20

Please let me know if interested.
    Thank you,
    Robert

@milbroco

Sorry - I had not checked the stamp forum for a week or so.

That is a good mix of denominations.

Let me add them up in the next couple days to make sure I come to the same #. If all are NY issue and in US cents, I would be interested.

Thx.

Hi. No problem. It took me a few days longer to post the denominations. Looking forward to dealing with you.
    Thank you,
    Robert

@milbroco sorry for the delay. I will try to post tomorrow.

So far the stamps are looking good - let me recheck my math tonight.

I am not really into FDCs but what is going on with those? How may have medals in them? I coincidentally bought a small group last weekend of something very similar.

Are the other FDCs all in good shape? Not addressed? Any duplicates?

Thx.

Ok Thanks. i will check on the FDC's and let you know.
    Thanks again,
    Robert

All of the FDC's are Not Addressed and in fantastic near mint to mint condition. I have no idea but I am sure there is duplicates and the lot includes covers with single stamps, blocks of 4 and I believe inscription blocks of 4. I counted 10 covers with the "foil medals" on them. Most covers are grouped in glassine envelopes and I did not open them all to check but I don't think there are any more with the medals on them. Also included but not counted in the total is just a few blank cachet envelopes. Hope this information is helpful.
    Thanks again,
    Robert

@milbroco Sorry - I keep getting distracted.

If the mint stamps are as described (count is correct and all NYC issues) then I would take them at the 20% stated earlier, with $3 postage. (The margins I am working with are very tight so I do count them when I buy lots).

If you want to proceed, PM me your PayPal address.

Thx!

P.S. - thx for the info on the covers, but my interest is marginal and I don't think I could spend any real $ on them.

OK Sounds good. Just sent a PM>
    Thank you!
    Robert

• Do you still have them let me know

• pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are the FDCs still available? I might be interested. Thanks.

That was a great lot of NYC stamps you sent and I am working my way through them as discount postage.

I started emailing from the Geneva UN post office on a very limited basis. The costs to ship the letters to Switzerland mean I can't pay much for the stamps but if you are looking to dump them real cheap then maybe we can talk. But I can't use too many low values....