Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

I bought a note

Does it mean is sucks because it doesn’t have the PPQ?

Derek

EAC 6024

Comments

• numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

Absolutely not.The reason that the note didn't get the EPQ/PPQ is important and may/should come into play price-wise as well as weather or not you want to buy it.For example.....if the note has numerous pinholes, some may not want it....others seek it out as the price may be lower and thus more in their wheelhouse...it's really about your personal goals.I see some staining on the note and that may be why it failed to Q but the staining is pretty light and, at least to me, it looks acceptable....certainly does not suck.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice note. :)

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice note ppq or not :)

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Black Eagle.

What’s going on with the holder...a little warpage going on ?

• MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭✭

@mbwizkid said:
    Nice Black Eagle.

What’s going on with the holder...a little warpage going on ?

Not sure, I don’t have it in hand yet.
    Not sure if I did ok on price at $195?

Derek

EAC 6024
  • mainejoemainejoe Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

I think you did ok. If were me I would get it out of that holder and have it regraded, maybe a new PCGS or PMG?

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice note. So when did PCGS and PMG start using the PPQ and EPQ designations? Here's one of my Black Eagles !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

Nice note Mr. Mold! Black Eagles are glorious.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't go wrong with that note.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2020 10:16AM

nice eye appeal!

• SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭✭

well PPQ is an opinion of paper quality and centering etc. The Note for the assigned grade is all there plus. Perhaps a center fold keeps it from a higher grade. Way better then many in its grade range and when it comes time to sell or trade you will be glad you were selective and picked such a nice note.

• bammerbbbammerbb Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

@Timbuk3 said:
    Nice note. So when did PCGS and PMG start using the PPQ and EPQ designations? Here's one of my Black Eagles !!! :)

The PPQ and EPQ designations have been used I'd say for at least 15 years

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

You did good kid. Enjoy. I could study it all day. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 13, 2020 3:32AM

I’m not sure about PCGS, but PMG started with EPQ in November 2006. https://www.pmgnotes.com/news/article/414/

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice note!

• Mike59Mike59 Posts: 294 ✭✭✭

The note is Beautiful PPQ or not. I would buy it.

MIKE B.