Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

PCGS Grading Result and Images - HUGE Success - Mexico, Bolivia, CAR

I just got in results and images for one of my most successful PCGS submissions - thanks to PCGS for the great late XMAS gift :smile:

1778-Mo 8 Reales graded PCGS AU-55 putting it with the top of the PCGS population at the moment. Had posted this when I found it raw and did a GTG, most of us nailed it or got close. Really nice coin.

1808-Mo 8 Reales graded PCGS MS-63PL ...WOW....what can I say...I thought it had an outside shot of PL but was not expecting it. Was hoping for 63....so happy about this one. Kinda wishing I had my 1808 FERD PL that I sold now....what a set that would have made.

1829-Ng CAR 8 Reales graded PCGS AU-53...had hopes it could reach 55, but happy with the 53 - nice original coin.

1837-Ng CAR 8 Reales graded Details: Cleaned. I had hopes....but think that scratch must be what garnered the 'cleaning' - many here called it. Despite this ....such a pretty and lustrous coin in hand. Will likely just put it in a cap plastics holder on my desk.

1683-P 8 Reales graded AU50 - part of that set of cobs I found that had been stashed away since the 70s...I have never seen or heard of a cob graded AU lol. In any event, could not be happier, it is a really nice example compared to the other cobs I have seen.

And perhaps the best for last...I sent in my research with this coin and PCGS authenticated it as the 1711/0 PY 4 Reales from Bolivia. Krause lists this coin as UNIQUE! I am honored to be the caretaker of such a cool piece of history. A shout-out to TheSilverLemon and Connor at Sedwick Coins for helping me ID it.

KRAUSE reference snippet:

Which did you all like the most? Overall I am very please!

Comments

• KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful coins as usual, and a huge congrats on the 1711/0!

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • PlatinumDuckPlatinumDuck Posts: 470 ✭✭✭

Very beautiful coins! Congrats on your grades and thank you for sharing them with us!

Great Deals Buying and Selling: Metalsman, BobSav, Rick300, endzone, Swampboy, somecoins, Musca, commoncents05, Refrema, tonyhar, joebb21, kalshacon, JeremyDie1, percyb, scrapman1077, indiananationals, wondercoin, pragmaticgoat, tonedSilver, theboz11, Timbuk3, bigmarty58, HCumberdale, jp84, OnlyGoldIsMoney, UNLVino, coinguy1989, drewsef, coindeuce, pjcoins, giorgio11, Sullykerry52, KollectorKing, privatecoin, jclovescoins, Smittys, bronco2078, ajaan, jdmern, bidask, jrt103, CoinPhysicist, bigjpst, OKCC, Skanderbeg, pruebas, dizzlecc, MasonG, spummybum, SurfinxHI, snowequities

• 1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭✭

Very nice results.

Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats! You've done very well on this submission. Glad, albeit a little surprised, to see that 1808 crossed and a PL designation is a nice bonus.

• Senator32Senator32 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoKopeiki said:

100% agree. The coin needed a bit of conservation...which went well and apparently PCGS really likes it lol. I have before-and-after photos if you want to see them. Happy to have it in my date set.

• bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations Senator32!

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

@bidask said:
    Congratulations Senator32!

Thanks buddy!

• DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations. A most excellent submission.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your supreme. Love it. Congratulation.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Senator32 said:

@TwoKopeiki said:

100% agree. The coin needed a bit of conservation...which went well and apparently PCGS really likes it lol. I have before-and-after photos if you want to see them. Happy to have it in my date set.

Ah, you had it conserved - makes sense. I've seen it in-hand a few times when it was still in NGC plastic.

• Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a great submission!

I really like the CAR 8 reales the best. Do you have your own photos or movie of the "cleaned" one? I want to pick one of those up one day.

Great work on finding these coins!

My current "Box of 20"

• OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great job, and nice coins 👍🏼

@Bob13 said:

When they arrive back in, I'll make a video for sure.