Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

New Submission Levels

So now that the new submission levels are listed in the submission page, what the heck happened? The Express service that is $75 is still $75 but the estimated turnaround has gone from 8 days to 20 days and the new "Regular" service for $50 and "Economy" for $20 is estimated 40 day turnaround.
I printed out a sub for an Express a few days ago, as I wanted it back quickly but I'm assuming even though I printed before the end of the year that it is going to be more than a month to get it back??

Promethius881969@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options
    LGCLGC Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

Over/under is 3.

The number of posts before this thread is shut down.

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LGC said:
    Over/under is 3.

The number of posts before this thread is shut down.

Just a question, not a rant.

• Options
    Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

send them to one of those places that charge $12 per card, send the cards to PSA for you, and get them back in a month...cheaper and much quicker

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

If your order is post marked before the end of the year it gets the old pricing. It does not matter when you printed the form.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options

@rexvos said:
    If your order is post marked before the end of the year it gets the old pricing. It does not matter when you printed the form.

It isn't the pricing as I am using the express service for $75 and that hasn't changed. The only thing that changed with the express was the turnaround from 8 to 20 days.

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

@rexvos said:

It isn't the pricing as I am using the express service for $75 and that hasn't changed. The only thing that changed with the express was the turnaround from 8 to 20 days.

Probably more closely resembles the truth. Prolly not getting 8 days even if it said 8 days.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    LGCLGC Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

As the service level price is very much based upon the time, if you consider the value of a card is constant, then an increase to 20 days from 8 days is equivalent to a 150% price increase.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭✭✭

Strange that regular ($50) and economy ($20) levels are the same turnaround. Only difference is declared value allowed.

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭✭✭

Serious question: were 8 day submissions coming back in 8 days? My guess is that you'll be getting the exact same service as before except now they're telling you up front "Bro, it's gonna be 20 days."

Arthur

• Options

@ReggieCleveland said:
    Serious question: were 8 day submissions coming back in 8 days? My guess is that you'll be getting the exact same service as before except now they're telling you up front "Bro, it's gonna be 20 days."

Arthur

The last one I sent in was done in 7 days. That was a 2-3 months back.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

@ReggieCleveland said:

Arthur

The last one I sent in was done in 7 days. That was a 2-3 months back.

Yes but when year end comes and new pricing is announced, many people submit to get in before the changes.

Looks like more pricing options for the submission tiers and it also looks like they streamlined the process for some submissions. Jumbos are much smoother to submit now.

I agree with Arthur as well; I think they’re being more transparent about things, too.

I have an express submission that is there now. It’s the first 2 items in my most recent Mickey Mantle submission thread. It was postmarked and received last year so I’ll let you know (privately) how it goes, if you’d like.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    81 Topps Guy81 Topps Guy Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

The 20 day turnaround time for $75 is not correct, it is still supposed to be 8 days.