Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Recently sold a book to a member and . . .

ajaanajaan Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 24, 2019 12:26PM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

he paid with these:

these take me back to my youth when you could still see them in circulation once in a while.

DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had someone pay me in original Confederate money a few years ago. It is a nice treat to get something old.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well that's a pleasant surprise. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool... Kudos to the person that made the choice to be different in this new age of crap that I detest.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• mainejoemainejoe Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

I have a habit of putting my lesser notes back into circulation. Red 2's and 5's, old worn silver certs and somewhat ragged feds. I figure if someone else sees them and wants them, good for them. If they happen to make it back to the fed? Well I see that as a benefit to the hobby since they will destroy them. Thus creating a little more stability within the hobby as far as quality and quantity.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ajaan said:
    he paid with these:

these take me back to my youth when you could still see them in circulation once in a while.

That is COOL!

• YQQYQQ Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

at our coin club (in Nanaimo,BC-Canada) , we tip the server ladies with $1 and $ 2 Canadian Notes. they always get a kick out of it. (club meetings are in a restaurant back room.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • JBKJBK Posts: 14,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

@YQQ said:
    at our coin club (in Nanaimo,BC-Canada) , we tip the server ladies with $1 and $ 2 Canadian Notes. they always get a kick out of it. (club meetings are in a restaurant back room.

Many Americans might not realize those notes are no longer produced in Canada. ;)

yes, that is so true. But there are literally millions, many millions of them stashed away with e hope they will increase in value.....Not.

I'll have to admit to snagging ten $2 bills at a bank during a visit to NB some years ago. The next time I come across then I suppose I'll pick out one or two of the best ones as souvenirs and put the rest into my "spend" pile along with a mountain of Canadian coins for my next visit.

before you spend these, watch for asterisks before the #= replacement notes.
    or 1954 Devils face.

I think these were newer issues but thx for the heads up. I'll keep that in mind,

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

nothing wrong with that :)

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

I live in the NE USA, lots of Canadians seem to find it easier to get rid of older Canadian bills by exchanging them in American banks. I've gotten loads of 1954 and 1970s notes by buying them in banks.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21