Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1957 Topps Rocco Colavito - forum review

I purchased this card raw a few weeks ago and felt I had an almost sure 10 on this one. I mean, a 9 is a fantastic grade to achieve on this card, but I was expecting a 10. Based on the scans, should I resub to try to hit the 10? I think I have a pretty strong case. Your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gorgeous!

I think there may be ink dots in the border (right edge, near where infield and outfield meet and below OF on bottom border) and they will probably keep it at a 9...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont have it in hand obviously, but the bottom right and top left corners may be the culprit.

Even though cracking is always the way to go when you think the grade should be higher, I would send it in as a review so there's no chance of losing your PSA 9 grade.

Even as a 9 it's pretty sweet.

• Options
    19591959 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

Slight tilt . the bottom looks 50/50 the top 55/45. I could be wrong, but I would not expect a 10. Nine is great. Super card.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,289 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buying a raw 1957 and it receives a PSA 9. I'd be extremely happy with that.

I'd leave it alone.

• Options
    lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

That’s a beautiful card!

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful card......but the coloration is not there for the eye popping eye appeal I would expect for a psa-10.

mint_only_pls