Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

SOLD: Original 1954 Catalog of the King Farouk Palace Collection Sale

ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

Original Catalog from the famous King Farouk Collection sale - $375 Shipped.

The Palace Collection of Egypt. Important and Valuable Collection of Coins and Medal (King Farouk), February 24-March 3, 1954, 306 pages, 2798 lots, 31 plates, green card covers lightly worn as usual, prices realized list laid in. Near Fine. The original printing of the auction sale catalogue of the coin collection of the deposed King Farouk sold by authority of the Government of the Republic of Egypt

Background - https://www.coinworld.com/news/precious-metals/farouk-catalog-notable-for-collection--not-scholarship.html

Comments

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 17, 2019 6:05PM

Can you post a photo of the 1933 double eagle page? Lot 185

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

Already sold the catalog do not have a copy

• Hi,
    I have a copy of the catalog, I attach the photo of the table where You can find the double eagle 1933 (lot 295).
    Thanks
    Luciano

@luke72 said:
    Hi,
    I have a copy of the catalog, I attach the photo of the table where You can find the double eagle 1933 (lot 295).
    Thanks
    Luciano

Awesome, thanks for posting. You sure it’s not lot 185? 295 looks like a 1907 high relief...

• Yes, sorry...the lot 185 is a lot containing 20 dollars and also the 1933

but there are no pics on tables.
    Thank You
    Luciano

@luke72 said:
    Yes, sorry...the lot 185 is a lot containing 20 dollars and also the 1933

but there are no pics on tables.
    Thank You
    Luciano

Thanks. That looks like a fun catalogue!

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

Incredible seeing all those major US gold coins listed in group and bulk lots!!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • truebloodtrueblood Posts: 609 ✭✭✭✭

Is it sold or not, nothing stated in header?

• @luke72 said:
    Hi,
    Thanks
    Luciano

can you pls show me the pages wher was serbia,montenegro and yugoslavian coins for sale...thanks a lot

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have a copy of this readily available?

I want to know if paper money is listed and if there are any serial numbers for the notes.

Thanks in advance! 😉