1990 proof no s one cent penny

InfamustrueerrorsInfamustrueerrors Posts: 99
edited September 15, 2019 6:15PM in Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

Circulated 1990 no s penny,proof coin?

Comments

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is not a proof no S penny. It’s a regular 1990 penny. Worth $0.01

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• InfamustrueerrorsInfamustrueerrors Posts: 99
    edited September 15, 2019 5:59PM

👍

edited September 12, 2019 6:55AM

A real 1990 no S cent should look like this. The coin is a proof and it should have mirrored background and frosted fields. Yours is a normal Philadelphia mint penny

• Kliao take a regular penny and compare it to it.

@Infamustrueerrors said:
    Kliao take a regular penny and compare it to it.

You should take a proof penny and compare it. Your penny just isn’t a proof.

• 😆 idk what you facts you are relying on.us minting does not sales regular pennies in proof sets.

• This is also how they looked new,how do you think it will look after been kept it in a wallet for 20+years?

Why would you have it in your wallet!?! These are collectors coins that were sealed in hard plastic holders! Your penny isn’t a 1990 no S proof cent!

• Exactly PROOF came it boxes.not regular pennies.i don't know why he had it in his wallet,good luck I guess.and I'll just leave it.im not here to prove points or to upset people.im here to be envolved and get feedback.is my fault for not having it graded.

I> @Infamustrueerrors said:

Exactly PROOF came it boxes.not regular pennies.i don't know why he had it in his wallet,good luck I guess.and I'll just leave it.im not here to prove points or to upset people.im here to be envolved and get feedback.is my fault for not having it graded.

Yes and you coin isn’t a proof. Never in a hard plastic case, and is only worth one cent

• bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

Deffinatley a 1990 Philly.

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. Sorry to add to the rain on your parade, but that is a regular business strike cent and definitely not a proof.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe if you squint real hard and wish real hard...No, still not a proof coin.

• @MattTheRiley said:

Haha this is something I would say. As a business coin,would it be a high grade coin,or it doesn't reach a ms-67?

@Infamustrueerrors said:

@MattTheRiley said:

Haha this is something I would say. As a business coin,would it be a high grade coin,or it doesn't reach a ms-67?

No, scratches and dings in fields

• BIGWEBBBIGWEBB Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

If I'm looking at it correctly the scratches over Lincoln's shoulder will keep it out of the realm of 67. Sorry bud but again that's just me

COOKIES!

• giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

Compare your coin with another 1990 No S proof.

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • @giorgio11 said:

Compare your coin with another 1990 No S proof.

Kind regards,

George

Nice,yeah mine is not a proof compared to it.i like this one,looks like the rim/edge of mine and what I think is funny is that this proof has very similar shoulder marks like mine.ill look for one that was on circulation if any.

• My mistake, i saved pictures in the wrong files...I was looking for a 92 closed AM in my 1990s drawer,inside the wrong container I found the right one I wanted to show form the beginning. Is this a circulated no S proof?
    😜

No sorry it’s not

edited September 15, 2019 3:50PM

@Kliao said:
    No sorry it’s not

I'll take my chances,I'll get it graded when I get the chance

@Infamustrueerrors said:
    I'll take my chances,I'll get it graded when I get the chance

Really ?!? We are telling you it’s not the no s cent. Do you realize how expensive grading is?

For mint errors (which yours isn’t) grading will be $65 plus shipping plus insurance plus PCGS membership!!!

• @Kliao for the second coin the one I wanted to post from the beginning ,is only you saying is not ,ingot 2 more in my messages saying it is,with the circulation wear,on your opinion,if is not a proof,for starters,how come it has the finishing of a proof? Reflecting foil(bronze color)kind of look,even after being circulated?

How do you see a proof finish is what I want to know. Proofs were not released for circulation therefore that is not a proof, unless someone really stupid spent one, then there would be still a reflective surface and white cameo left. If your saying “but it’s so old how could it stay like that?” Well I have found a 1981 proof penny in a roll with mirrored surfaces and cameo still visible

edited September 15, 2019 6:13PM

better?

@Kliao said:
    How do you see a proof finish is what I want to know. Proofs were not released for circulation therefore that is not a proof, unless someone really stupid spent one, then there would be still a reflective surface and white cameo left. If your saying “but it’s so old how could it stay like that?” Well I have found a 1981 proof penny in a roll with mirrored surfaces and cameo still visible

Yeah it wouldnt be the first case of a proof coin rolling around in regular currency.and also is my phone camera if I let it shine right in front,the reflection will ruin the picture, ill try other picture so you can see the reflection,It does have bright metallic coat.

It is NOT A PROOF!!!

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you think that coin is a proof then it is time for a new hobby. :/

And why us this thread in the Giveaways forum?

• @JBK said:
    If you think that coin is a proof then it is time for a new hobby. :/

And why us this thread in the Giveaways forum?

I posted it in the wrong forum by mistake,whoever takes care of this page can delete it.just because I was wrong on thinking it could b a proof coin is not enough to stop me from doing something I have passion for...plus many amazing coins.the desire of finding unique and rare coins will just get me more into collecting,trading,buying and selling...😎

• loro1rojoloro1rojo Posts: 266 ✭✭✭

Was it submitted to PCGS? I'm eagerly awaiting the results.

-Gabe
  • @loro1rojo said:
    Was it submitted to PCGS? I'm eagerly awaiting the results.

The results are in!!!

I'm not sending it.it is not a proof and thanks to the comments is not worth sending as it won't reach a high grade either as a business coin.

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since it's a giveaway I'm still in.