Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Please explain "N6 Minimum Size Requirement" to me...

I just had a submission pop. One of the cards, (a 2019 Guerrero Jr. Topps living card) came back as N6 Minimum Size Requirement. Now I know I ordered that card straight from Topps and when I got it, it then went straight into the holder that I sent it to PSA in. How on earth could this card not be the right size? Please explain if you can.

Comments

• PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought the quality control on the Topps living was pretty good, but it wouldn't be a complete shock if you got it back and put it next to another card to find that it is short side to side or top to bottom. There are Vlad, Trout, Alonso and some others that have been found in this years product direct from packs....second series, I believe that are all short top to bottom.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2019 5:43PM

The minsizerq assessment is such an annoyance. If they know the card is authentic and not trimmed then why not give it a grade? Who cares if it is short slightly if it is definitely not trimmed? Many pack issued cards came short so I feel it is of no value to not holder the ones that are.

• GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2019 7:02PM

Send it back in. You would think N6 is a black/white issue, but it's not. I have had a high profile rookie come back N6, re-submitted the same day I got it back, and then gotten a 9.

And you should only be out the shipping fee .. no grading cost if N6.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@secretstash said:
    The minsizerq assessment is such an annoyance. If they know the card is authentic and not trimmed then why not give it a grade? Who cares if it is short slightly if it is definitely not trimmed? Many pack issued cards came short so I feel it is of no value to not holder the ones that are.

I agree.

The decision is probably because if a card is too small many people will think it's been trimmed but missed by the grader.

You see it here often where someone comments on the size of the card in the holder.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

My first thought was someone would say re-submit it but I see someone beat me to that comment. You could resubmit it but doesn't PSA charge like $18 for return shipping?

Daniel
  • CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its not that expensive in a PSA 10. Its not going to be worth my time and money to ship it back. I will just keep it raw.