Comments

• SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice one.

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unusual....and cool.

• ike126ike126 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think im gonna name her square bird lol

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Am I the only one that doesn't know what E.O.R. stands for?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

@PerryHall said:
    Am I the only one that doesn't know what E.O.R. stands for?

End of roll

• HallcoHallco Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or it could be "Effects of removal"....in this case the tape perhaps?

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt that the "toner" crowd would be very excited about that coin. It is just another common date Morgan with one sided toning (on the reverse no less) in an unappealing pattern. I don't see it as a coin that would command any toning premium. Sorry.

All glory is fleeting.

@291fifth said:
    I doubt that the "toner" crowd would be very excited about that coin. It is just another common date Morgan with one sided toning (on the reverse no less) in an unappealing pattern. I don't see it as a coin that would command any toning premium. Sorry.

You might call it a unappealing pattern in your eyes but in hand it has more luster and colors then pictures show... And no i didnt pay any premium for it thanks

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ike126 said:

@291fifth said:

You might call it a unappealing pattern in your eyes but in hand it has more luster and colors then pictures show... And no i didnt pay any premium for it thanks

I'm glad to hear that you paid no premium for it. If you want to see how appealing the toning pattern is take the coin to a show and try selling it for even a small premium to some of the dealers on the floor. You will quickly find out whether it is worth any premium. My evaluation was based on the photo.

All glory is fleeting.
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like Tic Tac Toe Toning not EOR ;)

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • jerseycat101jerseycat101 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't believe it is EOR toning. I believe it is tape toning.

Regardless, I think it's neat. I believe that this coin would command a small toning premium to the right collector.

• kazkaz Posts: 9,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know why but the first thing that came to mind when I saw that photo was..

FLASHER!

still pretty cool though. :)

Tic tac toe with a touch of square bird. Would have been even better if i could find the obverse to match it!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file