Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Recent Vintage Auto Pickups. Appreciate Opinions on Submitting - Mickey Mantle/W. Mays / Red Faber

I appreciate opinions on these cards regarding authenticity, and also if I should submit to PSA for both card and auto grades, auto grade only, or purely authentic auto grades.

I still can't believe I was able to find this 1933 Goudey auto for only $25. It appears to be authentic compared to other Red Faber autos. Please let me know if I am wrong.

-

-

-

This 58 Mays AS is in pretty decent shape and I am considering grading the card and auto. Paid $125. Thoughts are welcome.

-

-

-

**Found this centered 1962 Dream card with both autos of Mickey Mantle and Willie Mays . Paid quite a bit for this one ($700) so hopefully it is real **

-

Comments

• RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful autos and nice cards! The PSA app has a quickopinion feature on it where you send the auto in question, and you get a response within 48 hours. I think it may cost a little but should give you a pretty good idea about what you have. Good luck!

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 1, 2019 4:11PM

@Rofles said:
    Beautiful autos and nice cards! The PSA app has a quickopinion feature on it where you send the auto in question, and you get a response within 48 hours. I think it may cost a little but should give you a pretty good idea about what you have. Good luck!

Thanks. I took a look at the psa quick opinion, but I believe it is just for posted auctions on ebay or other sites. I do not see an option you can simply send them a picture without an auction site. If you have used it before in a similar fashion please share.

edited September 13, 2019 8:22PM

*Update

Mays / Mantle Manager's Dream card is in process of being authenticated finally. I asked for an auto grade only on it.

Mays and Red Faber will be sent next week as I am just getting back around to submitting.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

For comparison - live pickup - 1985 - now PSA/DNA - these super tickets were really cheap back then!

Mike
  • pheldaphelda Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

Good luck on those. Faber had a really interesting career playing in WS and playing in front of a King. The 1958 Mays looks awesome. Since you asked for opinions I have to be honest the Mantle looks bad. Each letter looks individually "drawn", too many starts than stops, not a fluid signature and varying pen pressure throughout. But with autos not acquired in person it is a chance we take. I have about 10 Mays autos on various items that I acquired in person, he is one of my favorite players.

@phelda said:
    Good luck on those. Faber had a really interesting career playing in WS and playing in front of a King. The 1958 Mays looks awesome. Since you asked for opinions I have to be honest the Mantle looks bad. Each letter looks individually "drawn", too many starts than stops, not a fluid signature and varying pen pressure throughout. But with autos not acquired in person it is a chance we take. I have about 10 Mays autos on various items that I acquired in person, he is one of my favorite players.

Thank you for your input. I was told it was signed in person and they had met Mantle 3 times. In either case I am curious now if you see the same issues with the Mays or do you believe that to be authentic and the Mantle questionable? I hope PSA recognizes it for both signatures as authentic and appreciate their expertise as well.

Thanks.

• pheldaphelda Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

Congratulations, that is awesome!!!