Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

[CLOSED] "Win LordM's Loot" Giveaway #4 (closes 9/30/19)

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 12, 2020 2:32AM in Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

"Win LordM's Loot" Giveaway #4

Deadline for entries: Midnight Eastern US time, Monday, September 30, 2019.

This will be a random drawing at the end of the month, using the random.org True Random Number Generator.

Winner will get his or her choice of one item from my "Pick Bin & Giveaway Goodies" page. (Give that link a moment to load.)

To enter:

(1) Please include the words "entry post" in your initial post to this thread - and only your first post. You may reply to this thread as many times as you like, but if you put the phrase "entry post" into more than one reply, you will disqualify yourself.

(2) In addition to the words "entry post", post something else that is coin-related in some way- whatever you like.

(3) Please view the list of prizes and specify your first, second, and third choices, in order of preference.

You may edit your post to change your three prize picks at any time, but remember, only one entry post per member, and one prize.

There are no strings attached, and I pay shipping- worldwide- but if international shipping ever proves too costly on an item (or if all three of your prize picks are gone at the time of the drawing), I reserve the right to offer you a different prize or a PayPal gift instead.

Note that the prizes are drawn from my pick bin list. Ignore any pricetags you see. The list is subject to change throughout the month. Items are subject to prior sale or trade. But new items might also be added.

This is why I want you to list first, second, and third choices, and encourage you to periodically check the list for changes and new additions, and edit the selections in your entry post if you want.

Good luck! :)

For some idea of how these work, here is last month's contest.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• ffcoinsffcoins Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

entry post

I have noticed recently a number of mint bicentennial quarters showing up in my laundry rolls. Wonder what's causing that.

My picks are:

German 1625

Spanish 1723

Lithuanian 1510

• MjwagsMjwags Posts: 105 ✭✭✭

entry post
    Q: What's 6 inches long, 2 inches wide and drives women wild?
    A: a $100 bill!

United States: silver Capped Bust dime, 1834

Lithuania (Polish rule): silver half-grosz of Sigismund I ("the Old") of Poland, 1510

United States: copper-nickel Indian Head cent, 1860, Type 2 (Rounded Bust variety), ANACS VG8

Thanks as always for the opportunity.

• Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭

Entry post

Which ever you would like to send , my friend

Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • AstroJoeAstroJoe Posts: 304 ✭✭✭

Entry post.

Hope to score a 1901-S Barber quarter next time to a coin show.

Thanks for the opportunity.

1. United States: silver clad Washington quarter, 1976-S, Bicentennial type, ANACS PF69 CAM
    2. United States: copper-nickel commemorative half dollar, Mount Rushmore Golden Anniversary, NGC PF69 Ultra Cameo
    3. United States: silver Capped Bust dime, 1834
    Joe

Everything is all right!
  • KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got this fractional Britannia for spot. I think it’s pretty good. It has nice dark blue toning that I can’t seem to get a pic of

1.United States: silver Capped Bust dime, 1834
    2.Japan (Edo period): cast bronze 100-mon coin
    3.United States: silver Seated Liberty dime, 1853

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry Post

1624 Bavaria 2K
    1754 Regensburg 2K
    1860 IC VG8

Ran out of pics of Zippy Kitty with her coins. She's mad because I won't let her bid on ebay anymore

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭

ENTRY POST. Another fine contest, my Lord.
    This picture is not mine but it combines two of my passions:

If i'm so lucky I choose:

1 U.S. 1865 Two-cent piece.

2 U.S. 1891 Quarter.

3 U.S. 1860 IHC.

Thanks for the chance.

• dorkbardorkbar Posts: 425 ✭✭✭

Entry post. Thanks, Lord!

Coin trivia: The word "dime" is derived from the Latin word "decima," which means the "tenth part."

1) 1834 US Capped Bust dime
    2) 2017 Canada large copper proof medal for Canada Sesquicentennial
    3) 1967 Panama Silver Proof Half Balboa ICG 68

• Entry Post.
    Thank you for the contest LM.

Hoping to have more time with Ancients this coming winter. Do you have any pointers on starting my own Eclectic Box?

1. Roman Empire: bronze sestertius of Commodus
    2. United States: bronze 2-cent piece, 1865
    3. Lithuania (Polish rule): silver half-grosz of Sigismund I ("the Old") of Poland, 1510
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nyatii said:
    Do you have any pointers on starting my own Eclectic Box?

Buy stuff you teally like, not stuff other people are buying. (Unless you like that too, in which case, go for it.)

Try to pick coins that combine eye appeal and history both.

Mix it up nicely. Combine many different themes to make it truly eclectic.

Do mot be afraid to cautiously strike out in new directions to explore the unfamiliar.

Buy the most appealing examples you can find on your budget. They do not have to be Mint State or perfect, but they should be both attractive and interesting.

Actually, you can even toss out the "attractive" requirement, if you're chasing rare quarry.

You make your own rules.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • jimineez1jimineez1 Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2019 10:48AM

entry post

obv pesos

1- Columbian half
    2- seated quarter
    3- seated dime - 1853

Almost Over 100 successful deals on this forum spanning well over 10 years now, feel free to ask for references!
  • Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post:

Only three more in this folder.
    1. Cull Reales
    2. Bust dime
    3. 1754 2 Kreuzer

• Wahoo554Wahoo554 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post, sunset liberty:

1. 1834 capped bust dime
    2. 1860 Indian cent
    3. 1625 Germany
  • mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post.

@mannie gray said:
    Entry post.

Don't forget your prize picks. You can always change your mind later, but knowing people's prize preferences up front helps me allocate prizes between this giveaway and the ones on CoinTalk, and also gives me some idea of the sort of material to keep on hand in the pick bin for future prize offerings.

• Sun DiegoSun Diego Posts: 63 ✭✭✭

Entry post.

U.S. 1865 Two-cent piece
    1510 Lithuania/Poland
    Spain New world Pirate era

My wife is so proud she found her first silver dime (I dropped it by mistake in the bedroom but she is so happy)

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lordmarcovan said:

@mannie gray said:
    Entry post.

Don't forget your prize picks. You can always change your mind later, but knowing people's prize preferences up front helps me allocate prizes between this giveaway and the ones on CoinTalk, and also gives me some idea of the sort of material to keep on hand in the pick bin for future prize offerings.

Oops.
    1954-S Franklin
    Maria Teresa
    1982 Canada Dollar

Thank you!

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post,

Okay, I like this... How about the last time I got back silver in change, it's actually been a couple years.
    In the food court getting chick filet (the staff always so friendly), my change amounted to $2.36 or so. As the cashier, a younger girl most likely in highschool and working a summer job, laid the bills in my hand and dropped the change atop them - there was no mistaking the shiney 1964 quarter staring back at me. I picked it up and handed the two dollars back and said "thanks! Here's a tip for you" to which she replied "YOU ROCK!! , and without hesitation I reciprocated with my very own "YOU ROCK!!
    Gotta love silver in the wild...

Here are my choices for the giveaway.
    1. Copper Sesquicentennial medal
    2. 1/2oz Silver polar bear
    3. Lordmarcovans® Loot

Thanks again for the giveaway!

It's all about what the people want...

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry Post

If I win give prize to the YN of your choice
    Thanks for the opportunity

Kathy

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

edited October 2, 2019 1:36AM

The random number generator has spoken, and this month's winner is... @Oldhoopster!

@Oldhoopster said:
    Entry Post

1624 Bavaria 2K
    1754 Regensburg 2K
    1860 IC VG8

Ran out of pics of Zippy Kitty with her coins. She's mad because I won't let her bid on ebay anymore

@Oldhoopster- I'm a Zippy Kitty fan! The 1624 Bavarian coin you listed as your first pick is gone- sold. I still have the 1754 Regensburg, if you want that. Have another last look at the list, though, since there have been new additions. You may have anything on there that isn't listed as being on hold.

(*Slow-loading link- give it a sec.)