Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Trimmed cards sold by PWCC

jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 31, 2019 10:12AM in PSA Set Registry Forum

Hopefully PSA can answer this question.

I have a 2nd card purchased from PWCC hat has been proven by blowout cards to be trimmed. The card owners are on a list they provided.
The first was returned back to PWCC as a result of their email to the original buyer (a psa board guy who I bought card from) and forward to me.

Will PSA eventually delete the cert # ?
Is it up to me to contact seller PWCC ?
I expect at this point the refund/return process is not mandated by anyone.

Who will eventually be responsible for retribution?

Nobody, PSA, PWCC or both?

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
1948-76 Topps FB Sets
FB & BB HOF Player sets
1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets

Comments

• MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭

Not a bad question. In the old days, PSA refunded the purchase price of a card they incorrectly certified.

Nowadays, I have no idea what the policy is.

Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭✭

Jay, it's my understanding that PSA is directing owners of altered cards in PSA holders to the sellers they bought them from. So, if you bought the card from PWCC, I would contact them. They'll probably want to see the before and after images, which you should be able to grab from Blowout. If PWCC balks, your next stop should be PSA. Good luck. Keep us posted.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

PWCC notified me that I had purchased 2 altered cards--- a 48 Leaf Baugh and a 48 Leaf Van Buren. I found the cards on the Blowout thread about PWCC selling altered cards. The guys doing the research are providing detailed before and after photos. I sent the cards back to PWCC and quickly got a full refund. A friend of mine was also notified he had purchased 2 altered cards. It appears that once the card is "called out" and PWCC is notified, they in turn notify the buyer.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JMDVM said:
    PWCC notified me that I had purchased 2 altered cards--- a 48 Leaf Baugh and a 48 Leaf Van Buren. I found the cards on the Blowout thread about PWCC selling altered cards. The guys doing the research are providing detailed before and after photos. I sent the cards back to PWCC and quickly got a full refund. A friend of mine was also notified he had purchased 2 altered cards. It appears that once the card is "called out" and PWCC is notified, they in turn notify the buyer.

Thanks for posting this.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set