Home Sports Talk

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

Notice I said “Cool” not “Epic” since I didn’t want to upset SteveK

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pasted:

"Some girls at the lunch table next to his (who didn't even participate in college colors day) had made fun of his sign that he had attached to his shirt. He was DEVASTATED," said Snyder.

I'd say the kid gets "devastated" a little bit too easily.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome story. I like that Tennessee t-shirt, with his design on it. I guess the bullies look pretty stupid now.

@stevek said:
    Pasted:

"Some girls at the lunch table next to his (who didn't even participate in college colors day) had made fun of his sign that he had attached to his shirt. He was DEVASTATED," said Snyder.

But if it was your kid it would be an epic story 🙄

I’m not a big advocate for making a big deal out of bullying, it’s part of growing up. I’m more thinking this is cool because the kid probably couldn’t afford a T of the Vols and he made one up and got crapped on over it.

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:
    Pasted:

But if it was your kid it would be an epic story 🙄

No it wouldn't.

@doubledragon said:
    Awesome story. I like that Tennessee t-shirt, with his design on it. I guess the bullies look pretty stupid now.

The "bullies" were girls for crying out loud.

Definitely need to toughen up this kid.

Teach the kid some martial arts or something.

Also teach him that women can be cruel, get used to it. ;)

The kid is poor, he drew on a shirt and the University decided to make a shirt with this kids design. Let’s keep it simple. Forget about the stupid bullying that has nothing to do with my point. And yes I agree woman can be cruel but only if you allow them to treat you cruelly, I can’t relate to that nonsense since I’m always the Alpha 🤷‍♂️

@perkdog said:
    The kid is poor, he drew on a shirt and the University decided to make a shirt with this kids design. Let’s keep it simple. Forget about the stupid bullying that has nothing to do with my point. And yes I agree woman can be cruel but only if you allow them to treat you cruelly, I can’t relate to that nonsense since I’m always the Alpha 🤷‍♂️

Seems to me that the bullying was the point of the story, and the motivation behind the support for the kid.

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

Seems to me that the bullying was the point of the story, and the motivation behind the support for the kid.

Not my point. I’m all about a poor kid designing a shirt of his favorite team because maybe he can’t afford one and the university using it. That is all

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

Not my point. I’m all about a poor kid designing a shirt of his favorite team because maybe he can’t afford one and the university using it. That is all

Well that's a fine point, and it's a nice gesture from the university.

Hopefully everything turns out okay in the long run for the kid.

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

Well that's a fine point, and it's a nice gesture from the university.

Hopefully everything turns out okay in the long run for the kid.

That’s the SteveK I know and like!

• arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Flipped the script on’em.

Great story!

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

The University of Tennessee gave the boy a full 4 year scholarship covering tuition and fees, beginning in the fall of 2028, provided he meets admission standards. The money for the scholarship is coming from sources other than the sale of the t-shirt, as that money has already been earmarked for an anti-bullying charity.

@countdouglas said:
    The University of Tennessee gave the boy a full 4 year scholarship covering tuition and fees, beginning in the fall of 2028, provided he meets admission standards. The money for the scholarship is coming from sources other than the sale of the t-shirt, as that money has already been earmarked for an anti-bullying charity.

Yep cool story!!