left a few likes behind

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2019 3:01AM

Bronco you been Drinking? 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

:D

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

1970s all his threads and posts are gone but they forgot to scrub the likes and LOLs , I would never have known but I waved a mouse pointer of and a tiny little red user banned icon materialized .

What did I miss ?

Geeze I didn’t notice, I don’t have a clue what happened. I didn’t get on much last night

Too bad I really enjoyed his stuff here, it must have been something that pushed the envelope too far. The mods have really been pretty lenient 🤷‍♂️

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Geeze I didn’t notice, I don’t have a clue what happened. I didn’t get on much last night

He was posting random political memes on various threads after the most recent "last warning". I'm guessing that's what did it.

• garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

I wish this were a no ban forum. I'm against banning, except for the threatening of violence.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

@garnettstyle said:
    I wish this were a no ban forum. I'm against banning, except for the threatening of violence.

Agreed but it’s not “Our” forum, it’s private property where we are guests which you obviously already know. I think Racism, Politics and Religion are understandable to be taboo, threatening of violence to an extent but really if someone is going to “Threaten” someone on a message board the joke is on them since that would be absurdly pathetic. I honestly thought I was going to get banned over in the Sportscard forum but I shut it down after the “Last Warning” it was Ofcourse over the Kap subject again which really enrages me lol

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,519 ✭✭✭✭✭

I enjoyed seeing what he had to say everyday as well. I too am against banning, unless a member threatens another members life or something like that.

From what I spotted, the memes were randomly inserted into various threads with no context to what was being discussed. I don't really know of any other reason to do so, other than he was pushing the envelope and testing the mods. I hate to see him go as well, because who else is going to defend Royals great George Brett until his last breath? But the mod was really left with no choice from what I could see if he wanted his authority respected in the future. Perhaps the mod will comment later...

He's probably reading this thread right now as we speak. He can still read the threads, but obviously he can't comment. It's probably driving him nuts. Hey 1970s we enjoyed the ride. 🍻

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with the free speech as a bagger myself. I enjoy all discussions and hate to see anyone banned. But I used to drink a few hundred back in the day and would wake up in fear of the drunk texts etc. so time outs or after dark bans for some might be better solution 🤣. Now I just don’t drink often but when I do.......
    it’s Captain and ginger who put me on that distant 🌴

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

It was like when @doubledragon randomly inserts a side by side picture of a Barbie doll and Justin Bieber into some thread about eBay's no return policy, only it was with a political bent.

edited August 31, 2019 6:55AM

@countdouglas said:
    It was like when @doubledragon randomly inserts a side by side picture of a Barbie doll and Justin Bieber into some thread about eBay's no return policy, only it was with a political bent.

The people had to be warned about that doll. It's creepy.

Well hopefully he finds his way back st some point with lessons learned ☝️

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought when you were banned your posts and threads remained.
    Oh well, sorry to see him go. It was never dull with 1970's around, that's for sure.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

@Darin said:
    I thought when you were banned your posts and threads remained.
    Oh well, sorry to see him go. It was never dull with 1970's around, that's for sure.

Agreed, I always thought he was someone I’d like to go drinking with 😂

This means I have to be even more vigilant in letting Dallas know when he is wrong,
    which is always. Used to have 1970's to help me with that. I feel a great responsibility
    has been hoisted upon my shoulders now.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

@Darin said:
    This means I have to be even more vigilant in letting Dallas know when he is wrong,
    which is always. Used to have 1970's to help me with that. I feel a great responsibility
    has been hoisted upon my shoulders now.

You guys gave him a run for his money although I’m sure he would disagree 😂👍

• Skin2Skin2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

He got a job at Sherwin Williams...because he always painted himself into a corner with his 'arguments'.

Or he is focusing on his new hobby, carving pawns...since he was checkmated so often.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sure he was warned. With his special personality, I am assuming he was unwilling to concede his position and was banned.

Todd is a pretty easy going person. I wonder what 70's did to warrant the decision.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2019 2:04PM

Rather than banning, the forum needs an Ad Seg.

(Perk will get it.)

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

(Perk will get it.)

Or PC

edited September 1, 2019 2:28PM

@Coinstartled said:

(Perk will get it.)

In other words, the forum needs to send people to " the hole" when they break the rules. Doubledragon also understands prison lingo, he has watched his fair share of prison documentaries. ;)

You guys know jail terms 😂

B) I don't want to brag but I have 10,000 troy ounces of ramen noodles and 10 crates of mackeral

which is a joke but I'm up to my ears in forever stamps and dont regret that at all

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I wish Ebay sellers accepted cans of green beans as a form of payment.

@doubledragon said:
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I wish Ebay sellers accepted cans of green beans as a form of payment.

I'll trade you 5$ in forever stamps for each can of green beans , but they gotta be the dill beans in pickle juice !!! Those baby's are GOLD jerry , GOLD

• TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 301 ✭✭✭

I found some of 1970s thread topics to be pretty interesting, sorry to hear he got banned. So to prevent losing any more members~ you fellas better remember you ain't got no juice card. So don't be dipping in the Kool Aid, asking to catch a ride, or slammin' chalk. Cause if you do the Ninja Turtles aren't about to let you do no Buck Rogers time, they'll flat out give you a back door parole.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

Basically 1970’s got force moved

@TennisCoach said:
    I found some of 1970s thread topics to be pretty interesting, sorry to hear he got banned. So to prevent losing any more members~ you fellas better remember you ain't got no juice card. So don't be dipping in the Kool Aid, asking to catch a ride, or slammin' chalk. Cause if you do the Ninja Turtles aren't about to let you do no Buck Rogers time, they'll flat out give you a back door parole.

you are probably gonna regret burning all that material in a single post

I smile just a little at the thought that 1970s is in this mythical prison, telling anyone that will listen, "My boy, George Brett, can eat 50 eggs! Mike Schmidt would crap the bed! Now get your money up!"

1970s meets his Red, and asks him to smuggle George Brett into the prison.

Red comes through for him.

This one would have been easier to roll up, and would certainly not have cost him quite as many cigarettes. However, at roughly only 15" x 20", it likely wouldn't have been big enough to adequately cover the size of the tunnel entrance 1970s would require.

...strumming his banjo, tears welling up and slowly falling, softly singing, "I don't care if it rains or freezes, as long as I've got my plastic Jesus, sittin' on the dashboard of my car..."

@countdouglas said:
    I smile just a little at the thought that 1970s is in this mythical prison, telling anyone that will listen, "My boy, George Brett, can eat 50 eggs! Mike Schmidt would crap the bed! Now get your money up!"

Cool hand Luke!

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21

This beer's for you 1970s. The George Brett of beer drinkers....