KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best place to buy !
Bronze Associate member

Comments

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice $2!

Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Currency Set

https://catalog.usmint.gov/apollo-11-50th-anniversary-currency-set-B15054.html
    MULTI (DC)(TX)
    Premium Currency Products
    $85.95

“The Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP) is pleased to introduce the 2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Currency Set to celebrate the moon landing. The set features a Series 2013 $50 note with a serial number beginning with “1969” and an engraved representation of the famous “Buzz Aldrin on the Moon” photograph taken July 20, 1969. The reflection in Aldrin’s visor—which includes Neil Armstrong, the United States flag, and the lunar lander—is embossed. The note is protected by a clear, acid-free polymer sleeve, and the engraved print features a limited edition number matching the last four digits of the serial number on the $50 note.”

$2 Rocketships are unavailable at the Mint.

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shows to be Currently Unavailable at the moment.

• air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭

The USM was so helpful to me at the ANA Show. The associate for the USM personally took the time to look for the “Rocketship” and the “Birthday” note with my grandkid’s and my birthdates in the serial number. They actually had all of our dates. He spent about 30 mins. looking for me. Five notes in each series. And to really make my trip special, both the Director of the BEP and the Director of the Mint signed each note and took pictures with me while signing.
    I can’t say enough how both of these gentlemen, Director Olijar and Director Ryder went out of their way to make this special.
    Class act for both of these men and “ hats off “ to the USM for their customer service.

• air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭

The SN 20190319 in both the Rocketship and Birthday note is indeed a birth note. My granddaughter was born on 3/19/2019. Extra special notes.